Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Turned down a placement on Monday.

That was hard.

I told my friend it's a good thing they call and don't just show up at your door with these kids and say "can you take him/her?".

I'D BE IN BIG TROUBLE!

It was a one year old little boy. Supposedly was only going to be placed for one month. The circumstances they gave me though were a bit shady and I really doubt it would have only been for a month.

I asked Allen what he thought we should do and he said "Well I would say yes but you are the one that is home 24/7 so it's up to you".

Gee thanks!

I thought about it and it is really the WRONG time to take on another little one SO CLOSE to J's age. It would be almost like having twin boys. GOOD LORD! Our April schedule is JAM PACKED full of therapy, doctors appointments, a sleep study, Makily's birthday, a couple of Ocalamom events and a ton of other things and so I knew it would be too hard. If they could have guaranteed a time frame we would have considered it more but they really couldn't and the reasoning behind the time frame wasn't making sense to me. As Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense it usually isn't TRUE"!

I felt guilty for saying no the rest of the day. I got up Tuesday morning though and was glad I didn't say yes though. J and Makily have so much going on this month and right now I just have to focus on both of them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ok to say no. That may mean that someone else is blessed by that little boy. You know in your heart what your two need and right now that is not another one year old. Trust your judgement, you are a smart woman!

I always get really excited when someone calls for placement but I make myself slow down and think about it and I usually know I've made the right decision if I take my time.

Lisa

j3k said...

When my mom was a foster parent it got to the point where the judge would call fromt he courthouse because they knew she wouldn't turn him down. We always had a full house and it was great but on the same token there were times mom had to say no because it just wasn't the right time or some kids just weren't the right fit in our family. Your a great person for doing what you do and thank you. I don't know you but I want to thank you anyway. I grew up with a mom that took in foster parents and she treated us all the same and I had the best childhood ever. Good Luck

Hearts and Hugs
Marie

Lynnelle said...

Visit my blog to see your "Splash" Award. Thank you for living your life so open to help so many people near you and far.

http://lys-awriterslife.blogspot.com/2009/03/challenge-29.html

Lynnelle

Dream Believer said...

Hi Trish! I'm not sure how we lost touch, but check in on us!!! I found your link on another blog. Keep in touch! (my e-mail and blog has changed)