....it will be five years since my labor began with Makily.
I had felt crummy all day long.
Had Braxton Hicks the majority of the day.
I laid in bed around 8 o'clock thinking my BH would go away. I watched a surfing documentary on MTV. They featured a girl that was surfing and her arm was bitten off by a shark. She recovered and STILL surfs.
I remember thinking how brave she was.
By the time the show was over my "BH" were getting more and more annoying. I decided on a whim to time them.
To my surprise they were three minutes apart.
I almost panicked.
Allen was on the road. I was home by myself.
I called my Mom and Dad, then called the maternity dept at the hospital. They asked me if I had felt Makily moving, I told them not as much as usual.
They said I should come in just to be checked out.
My parents came and picked me up and took me there. I called Allen while I waited for them and he immediately started to head home.
I didnt know it but it would be 48 hours until Makily was born.
48 hours of LONG anxious labor.
I had no idea that would pale in comparison to what was about to happen to us.
Monday, March 30, 2009
At 8 pm tonight.....
Posted by Patyrish at 3/30/2009 12:46:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
its amazing how we are given the gift of carrying our children inside our body. I will always thank God for letting me experience pregnancy- an amazing part of a woman's life. No matter what happened since, I can leave this world saying that I experienced the miracle of carrying a child. Nothing can take that blessing away.
Congratulations, trish. The best is still to come. I know it.
Amazing how fast time goes by!!!! April 1st is coming quick - I cant believe she will be FIVE!
I cant get on your sisters blog?? Can I PLEASE have an invite???
Thanks for the comment! I know if anyone knows about the unspoken language - its you!!!
oh girl. Forgive my stalking lackness. Man..I've missed some heavy stuff. Still need to go back and read some of the bottom. This said, I'm here. I'll be back 2morrow. Love you---a ton.
Wow, Makily will be five soon. It doesn't seem possible does it? I remember still when she was a baby. Trish I am praying that you are doing well. I can only imagine how hard turning down that placement must have been, but it shows that you really know what is best for your family. I'll be praying for you.
I'll leave my link on here.
Love, Sami
www.caringbridge.org/visit/samilloydmillr
I know that anniversary feeling. . . . Wish I could send you a hug long distance.
Post a Comment