I've mentioned a couple of times that I am working for Ocalamom.com. We have an event coming up next weekend. Kidfetti. I am excited about it. It's going to be super fun but REALLY busy. Jordin Sparks is head lining and I hope that I at least get to see a little of her show. I really like her.
When Trishtwo and I did Light Up Ocala GOOD LORD we were swamped. I have never given away more balloons and crap in my life. When we pulled out the glow sticks though FORGET IT.....you would have thought we were giving out $100 bills. Hopefully we will be more prepared this time, I don't think we had any idea what to expect (at least I didn't). There is going to be TONS of kid/family related activities in addition to the concerts and shows. If you are in the Ocala area PLEASE come out to Kidfetti on Saturday and stop by our booth to say Hi! Our craft is going to be making maracas. We'll have music, dancing, Matt Manatee, limbo, a ring toss, give aways and more.
Stuff going on with J's case this week.
UGH.
I do so well when I don't have to think about this part of it. I don't stress or get upset. When "stuff" starts up again though....ugh. I worry. I have to keep reminding myself of my resolve to let go and let God. It's been working I just have to stick with it. Pray for peace for me in this. Pray for J, pray for all those making decisions on his behalf. Continue to pray that no matter what happens I will be able to see God's hand in this.
Makily's fifth birthday is in a month. HOW THE HECK IS SHE GOING TO BE FIVE? Where has the time gone. Is it just me or does it seem like when you are young time DRAGS on and on but when you are an adult, good Lord time flies.
Tons of appts to make and things to do for Makily's health. Pulmonology will likely order another sleep study. Neurology needs a follow up. What fun. We are trying to decide if we are sending her to summer school this year or not. We didn't last year. She'll get all her therapies at school but if we don't send her we are going to have to do them privately and I am really not sure how much money is left in our insurance for therapies. We have REALLY been focusing on private speech so I will have to check with that.
We are also going through our foster re-licensing right now. Health Dept inspection was good, our licensing lady came out (I LOVE her by the way, much better than the moron we had to begin with....whom by the way if I never shared this here....she was fired), she took pics of the house, goo goo'd at the kids and just told us what paper work we still needed which is minimal. We each have to have 12 training hours a year and I have all mine done. Allen just finished his online. I like that we are going through re-licensing right now though. Just means that if J's case goes to adoption soon (okay I am dreaming, just work with me) all of our paper work will be rather fresh and they will ONLY have to update minimal things in order to convert our foster home study to an adoption home study.
One can hope right?
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Busy, Busy, Busy.
Posted by Patyrish at 3/01/2009 12:19:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
that kidfetti thing sounds fun!
Makily 5 ? Wow. Kisses....
you do sound very busy - hugs and love,
Steph
Trish I was sooo planning on taking Em to Kidfetti on Saturday but it looks like tickets just aren't in the budget right now. I hope you have a great time...at least you'll have some help this time huh?
Post a Comment