Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bits N Pieces.

Okay so this will be a chopped up entry with stuff I meant to post/blog in the last several days but with everything going on have not done.


1. Makily went to see Neuro last week. All was fine, he wants to wean her meds. He told me she is really ONLY on 1/4 the dose for her weight so he doubts that is doing anything for her. She has been seizure free for nearly three years, EEG's normal, MRI's unchanged...yada yada yada. We are going to do another EEG and discuss weaning again after that. I don't know how to feel about weaning, I am back and forth. I do know I do NOT want to see Makily seize EVER again. EVER. EVER. Did I say ever? He assured me that we would have emergency medication on hand but I don't know. What can I say, I'm a nervous mommy.


2. We see Pulmonology tomorrow (Monday). Makily is *supposed* to be sleeping with a C-PAP on her face. Long story short....she's not. We have the machine, she just refuses to let us put the damn mask on her...here is a picture of the thing (Makily's does not have the straps that go around her head though, it's almost like a freaking hat with a ton of holes in it).



I ask you......how many of you with "normal" four/five year olds would wear this to sleep in? She screams bloody murder, I can't torture her like that. On the other hand she's always sleepy so my guess is that it's from the sleep apnea....sigh. At this point I am just hoping he will suggest supplemental oxygen at night via nasal cannula. She tolerates that (has before in the hospital) better. I assume he is going to order another sleep study.....I LOATHE sleep studies. Makily LOATHES sleep studies. It should be loads of fun.
3. All is quiet on the fostering front. *knock on wood* I like quiet when it comes to that.


4. Joined a new gym. So far I love it. It's like $20 a month for use of all the equipment (treadmills, bikes, the stair climber thingies, weights). They have a 30 minute circuit training room that I love. I also get unlimited tanning too so it's an awesome deal! I want to lose some weight before the summer. Seriously I am so tired of going up and down and up and down...story of my life.


5. You may recall from THIS ENTRY that I did something incredibly stupid on the way out of town and I promised to share my shame?
Well here it is.
Allen and I were rushing around like mad (I was rushing around....Allen GOD LOVE HIM has two speeds turtle and tortoise, he DOES NOT rush unless his hair is on fire) trying to get out of the house to head to Orlando. I of course gave him a hard time about it. I know I really need to work on this, it's a quirk I have....I multi-task and I just want everyone to.
ANYWAY.
On the way out of town we were going to drop the water bill off in the drop box. I go to get out of the van....look down and see this:


Did you not quite get it?


Well here let me help you.


MY LEFT FOOT



MY RIGHT FOOT



I had no idea I did this....NONE....I didnt feel the difference. Oh and did I mention these were the ONLY shoes I brought with me? We made a trip to Walgreens as soon as we got into Orlando and I bought a pair of MATCHING sandals.
I am a scatterbrain.
Allen made me go into the jiffy store to get him Mountain Dew with my mismatched shoes. He laughed at me all day. I deserved it.



Here are pictures from the rest of that trip:

Allen Squinting by the pool


Aubrey being adorable


Makily having a good time


Makily


Eating and sitting with Mommy


The Pool


Some really cute baby feet! ;-)


Here are a few more snap shots from the last couple of weeks. I havent shared pics and so I thought I would catch up here.

Sleepy Girl after school


Cute baby watching TV


A sleeping Princess in her little (okay HUGE) nest.


Time for SCHOOL!


2 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

Hilarious story. love it.
The 2nd pic of Makily with her pigtails/swimsuit is gorgeous. What a beautiful girl. Amazing hair and a perfect features.
J's toes are yummy!

Lori Osero said...

I've done the shoe thing, lol. So glad I'm not alone in the multi tasker thing...why can't everyone that? Love the pictures..thanks for sharing. Have you ever tried the nasal canula mask...that was our last resort for Danny, here is a link to it https://www.directhomemedical.com/masks-cpap-bipap/nasalaireii-nasal-cannula-mask-cpap-bipap.html or maybe some of the other alternative one would work. It's a shame "they" don't help to find other masks that work...you have to FIND them out there. UGH! Just trying to share some of my resources. Take care! Hey we are in Florida again...maybe we could hook up once.