Friday, May 18, 2012

This Week At The Caldwells...

....Jakob has started having tantrums so nasty that it ends with his screaming bloody murder and peeing his pants.  He did it a couple of times and I hoped it was just a fluke but he's done it several more times and so we're frustrated.  He's beating on the windows again when he is in time out (they are plexi glass...but still....), he can't sit still long enough to eat.  Even when he is hungry he is up and down and up and down.  Yes I question my parenting skills because of this.  After three times outs with accompany screaming fits just to get him to eat dinner I finally just say UNCLE and led him graze.  #momoftheyearimnot

Makily's foot got caught in the van door last week and she developed a hell of a bruise.  Then the swelling started and it just wasnt looking better so we went into the pedi.  She x-rayed it.  It's not broken just really bruised.  No AFO or weight bearing for two weeks.  Great....just when we got the walker in and I have finally become comfortable putting her in it.   I feel so bad.  I  lifted her out of her seat, put her on my hip turned to step up and then all the sudden she was crying.  Her teacher and I still cant figure out exactly what happened because the van door never totally closed.  Either way it's getting better but she's had it up and has not been on it since last Friday.  I hate that she will be out of therapy that long but what can you do.

She has a cardiology appointment in Orlando on Monday morning early.  I'm staying in a hotel with Makily in Orlando the night before since we have to be at the appointment at 8 AM.  I'm a little nervous because the last contact we had with her cardiologist was not good.  I was begging her to lower the heart rate settings on Makily's apnea monitor when she started having seizures again.  She wouldn't do it even though she was the cardiologist.  In the mean time her monitor was going off all the time.  Drove us nuts but we were scared to take her off of it for fear she would have a seizure and then we wouldnt know it.  Anyway she and I had a heated discussion and she never agreed to write the order.  Dr. Pierre my hero came to the rescue and did it for us.  So I just worry her mentioning that.  Hopefully it will be fine. 

That's all for now my bloggies, I've not been feeling the inspiration lately but this afternoon I felt the need and want to write.

Much love to you all.

xoxo
Trish


0 comments: