The guy that called me out on why I was in the nut house on my first day was a paranoid schizophrenic. I knew it BY day two of being around him. At first I just would listen to him and the ENTIRE time think WOW this man is most definitely a lunatic.
MOST.
DEFINITELY.
He loved to talk about money and of course DRUGS. Marijuana, Cocaine, Methadone, Suboxone...you name it he talked about it. He boasted about what a dealer he was. So in honor of that I will call him Johnny. Why Johnny you ask.....because Johnny Depp played a DRUG LORD in Blow. lol He talked about how rich his family was but they were so greedy they wouldn't even send him $10 Grand to help him out. I just shook my head and said HOW AWFUL!
He told me that he was homeless and had been for 33 months. This upset me because the man ALSO had PTSD and was an Army Vet (there were so many vets there people.....so many...all of them with PTSD....made me sad). We really should take better care of our military people.
Johnny told me that the VA was giving him a hard time because they said he was not cooperating with the program. You see he was there to get changed from Methadone to Suboxone. It would be much cheaper this way and apparently the Suboxone has a lesser euphoric effect than Methadone.
Anyway.
He was taking THOSE meds just fine.
He didn't want to take his anti-depressants and kept refusing them. So he was being a non compliant patient. He told me if he took his Effexor the FBI would start tracking him.
He can't have that happen because he IS a huge drug lord you know...
He told me about this one day when he was down in Miami Beach years ago. He found a washed up BALE of marijuana on the coast. Said it was STILL dry and he drove for four hours to get home to show his friends.
They all had goofy grins on their faces for days after.
The night before I was to leave Johnny and I were sitting outside the therapists office waiting our turn to go in and beg to go home. Say how great we felt and that all the visions are gone.
I asked him how he ended up there. He told me that he had been getting better as far as using was concerned and he was starting to make some money. No, not from a job. From selling drugs. I do believe he was selling cocaine and pot. He had 110 contacts in his phone...you know people he sold to. He went to a bar, got drunk and someone stole his phone right out of his hand after he had passed out. FOILED AGAIN BATMAN! He was infuriated someone took his phone with all those contacts. He got a phone a month later and had built back up 88 contacts. He was doing well again. He went out and had being drinking and doing drugs all day. He went to the bar, had some drinks and partied then began walking home. The next thing he remembered was waking up UNDER water and someone pulling him upwards and out.
He was enraged his phone was lost or stolen in the shuffle......you know the shuffle that saved his life?
sigh.
So he was down and out, no phone again and all his contacts LOST.
I learned quickly to just agree with him. Back him up...whatever....because it's just easier that way. I mean I don't think arguing with him would have bee productive AT ALL.
He got serious and asked me why I was in there. He obviously did not remember asking me on the first day. I told him I was going to shoot myself in the head. That or slit my wrists. He looked at me and said "REALLLLY....IS THAT TRUE?...ARE YOU KIDDING". I just shook my head and said YES it's true. Then he asked what would make me want to do that. I took a deep breath and said "I have a daughter....she's almost eight, she can't walk, talk or eat by mouth and she has seizures that could kill her...." He just said again "Nooooo....your kidding me right, that's not the truth.......reallly?" I said Yes, of course, I wouldn't make something like that up.
Then the conversation took an abrupt turn when he said
"How the heck are they letting YOU out tomorrow but they are keeping ME here another week........I have to go talk to someone about this......"
He got up and stormed away while I snorted to myself realizing that a Paranoid Schizophrenic just suggested that I am CRAZIER than he?
Maybe he was on to something.
Monday, May 28, 2012
Paranoid Schizophrenia.
Posted by Patyrish at 5/28/2012 09:47:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG....literally LOL......
It's so very sad actually ~ but on a lighter note I shall quote my favorite movie (one of) .... The Mad Hatter: Have I gone mad?
[Alice checks Hatter's temperature]
Alice Kingsley: I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
Post a Comment