Thursday, April 10, 2008

YAHOOOOOWEEEEEE




After..........

One year
40 Hours of MAPPS classes
Several psychological Evaluations
Countless family Questionnaire's
Six references
Two physicals
A fire extinguisher
Two Licensing Specialists
Two sets of fireplace doors
One Health Department Inspection
SIX home studies
A toddler bed
8,356 signatures
One entire fax ribbon
Countless Emails
Answering the same questions OVER AND OVER again.
Three "forgotten" forms
Two of which needing notarization
Countless mistakes made by an incompetent person (who shall remain nameless)
Being offered a baby one day and then denied it the next.
Making a great new friend (Sarah :-)
Lots of frustration and some tears (okay and a couple cuss words here and there)....

OUR HOME STUDY WAS FINALLY SENT TO "THE ZONE" TODAY AT 2:30 pm VIA COURIER TO THE DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES FOR APPROVAL!!!

Let us take a moment in celebration by watching this dancing pickle!




I have been fighting and working towards getting this sent to the zone for the past month (as our home study has been ready for at least that long). Thanks to my mother (for reasons I won't go into right now) things really got moving today and all of my problems that I had been having have been solved.

Now we just wait for the "zone" to approve us and we will be licensed. I know they are in DESPERATE need for baby foster homes right now (again for reasons I don't know if I can go into right now or not) and I do believe that once we are approved by "the zone" we will have a baby that same day or VERY quickly after.

Please pray that since our home study is NOW in the FINAL phase that things will move smoothly and swiftly.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

michelle hays said...

I cant stop laughing about the dancing pickle. How did that even cross your mind?!

"let us celebrate by watching this dancing pickle"

HAHAHAHA!!!! I cant stop laughing. HAHAAHAHAHA. By the way, pickles are protein free, so Katy can join in on the celebration. YEEHAW!

Im so happy for you. I cant wait to hear the next news.

ps- can you tell Ive been glued to the computer? Im there the moment you post something. Im like,

yay!

Anonymous said...

OMG~~~~good grief....thats GREAT! I can not believe the HOOPS you have to crawl and jump through just to help a child. This is insane, our govt is insane....

I am happy for you:):):):):) Cant wait to see the new baby:):):):)
Hopefully the dealings you have now will not be an indication of more to come after placement in the home:-/ Its amazing two wonderful people are put through this but yet Florida has one of the worst foster systems in the USA and has lost (yes~lost track)of many foster children..I am happy for you but outraged they put you through this!!!!!!

Unknown said...

WOOT!!! Love the dancing pickle and all I have to say is, "It's about time!!"

Anonymous said...

tara said..
yay! can't wait for the new baby! the dancing pickle cracked me up! how's sara doing with the whole thing?

Unknown said...

WAHOOOOO!!! Congratulations! I think that pickle should be singing.....KEN LEEEEEE tulibo dibou douchooo

sami2009 said...

Lol!
I love the dancing banana and pickle! hehe. I am so glad you were able to get your home study to "the zone"! Hoping things go smoothly for you!
Sami

Shan said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome, possum! Congrats! It sounds like it's been a long road to get here:) Loving the dancing pickle!

Anonymous said...

tara said...

hollie commented about that hanna611 twat on the youtube vid.hehehe


TWAT!

Ashley Kostjuk said...

We're so happy for you as this has been a long process. We'll be praying for the baby & God's provision for your family.
Love,
Ashley

Normins said...

Hooray! Lurker here :) Welcome to the wonderful world of foster carers!!

art said...

Yeah!!! That is wonderful news. I hope you will have a little baby in your arms soon.

Adreanna, Nathan & Addison