Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bad Day / Good Day

So for all that have been following along with the whole "foster parenting license" process with us just thought I would give you yet another update on things.

We got all of our affidavits from out backups to our Licensing Specialist (LS) Tuesday night. Now mind you they all had to get these things notarized so they rushed around getting it done as quickly as possible. Our LS tells us that our packet will go to the zone Wednesday morning.

FINALLY WE ARE DONE....... I THINK.

Well no, I should have known better than that.

She calls me yesterday afternoon and says she "forgot" we had to have ANOTHER form signed and notarized. All four of my backups PLUS Allen and I.

It took every ounce of patience in me to not jump all over her right then and there.

After everything we have done getting things together she FORGOT something else.

I tell her to fax the form to me so I can get it done as quickly as possible. I go to hook up our fax machine and it's out of ribbon. THAT IS HOW MUCH WE HAVE USED IT FOR THIS FOSTERING PROCESS!

I run to staples like a mad woman and get another ribbon. I have to call her back but she faxes it to me.

Somehow all my backups got it done, Allen rushed to get his done before he left for the road yesterday.

This morning I fax it all to our LS. I call her and tell her it is all at the office and I have confirmations that it was sent. She says great.

Makily was feeling great and I was going to send her to school today (the antibiotic has REALLY helped her!). Well they had a field trip to Silver Springs so Makily and I met her class there.

SHE HAD A BLAST. It was the first time in almost three weeks that she has been out and about and SHE LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT (well almost). All the other kids were happy to see her and Makily was thrilled to see her teacher and Mrs. Leslie. We had so much fun and the kids were all so good. We even went to a little animal show and they brought the animals around and all the kids got to pet them. Makily liked the Raccoon and that was about the only one she was interested in touching. I have a montage of our day at the bottom, you'll see.

So we leave Silver Springs and I check my phone and see that our LS left a message.

GREAT!

She says that she only received TWO of the SIX forms. HOW THAT'S POSSIBLE I DON'T KNOW, I got a confirmation on ALL of them. I assume someone at the agency got bored and made paper hats with them or had an uncontrollable urge to shred something.

WHO KNOWS AT THIS POINT!?

I call my mom at work and she re-faxes it to two different numbers. Then my mom CALLED THE AGENCY HERSELF and said "Did you get this fax!?!?!?" They said they have it. I called our LS four or five more times afterwards and never heard back so I don't know what is happening now.

Enjoy the montage of today at FLORIDA'S SILVER SPRINGS!





4 comments:

michelle hays said...

"note to self: dont fall in"

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How sweet is that montage! Im glad your little princess is feeling better.

jen said...

Trying to find the silver lining in the fostering paperwork nightmare must be tough. I pray that this is a timing thing and the kiddo your meant to have just isn't ready yet. Keep up chin up

Anonymous said...

tara said...
i love that song in the video. i also loooove the pics! my fav. was when makily looked scared that the alligator would eat her! ahahahaha.

Andrea "The H family" said...

Adorable! Makily has this look on her face like..'hmmm, funky hamster!'.

Luke would be screaming and holding his ears. My poor out of sync child. LOL