Monday, April 07, 2008

Hurtful People.

When I decided to start Makily's blog and put her videos on the Internet I knew that I was risking some people would be mean or say hurtful things. I felt the benefits outweighed that risk though. Her videos and this blog has comforted not only myself by many others that have read it and watched my baby girl grow and develop.

I know my child has helped so many.

She is a LIVING, BREATHING MIRACLE.

In the four years of her life though I have not had anyone openly say hurtful things.

I guess we have been lucky until now.

Today I got a message via "youtube"saying that someone had left a comment on one of Makily's videos.

I read it.

Then had to re-read it several times....with tears in my eyes mind you, to make sure I was reading correctly.

Here is link to the video the comment was left on LINK TO VIDEO

This is the video itself:



This is the comment that was left by:

Hanna611


"What is the future for this child who is barely aware of her environment. What happens when she's a teenager or adult and not so cute?"

The only word that keeps coming to my head when I read that is "UGLY".

I don't even know what she thought she could accomplish by saying that?

Was she intentionally being mean?

Did she see that video and think "I want to hurt her mother's feelings"?

Does she think that I am oblivious and that I don't worry about Makily's future every second of every day of my life INCLUDING in my sleep.

How can she say Makily is "barely aware" of her surroundings? She is playing with a toy in the video, drinking her bottle, listening to music, dancing in the car and snuggling with another toddler........is this lady blind?

Even if Makily was not as aware as she is, what is she suggesting should happen when she is grown and not soo cute anymore!?

Should we just have let Makily die?

Should we have left her in the hospital to rot!?

So to answer your question Hanna611, if we are lucky enough to see Makily grow into adulthood she will have touched more lives and hearts than you could ever imagine. She will have changed people for the better without uttering a single word. She has already saved the life of one "normal" (one that I am sure you would value since she is "normal") baby girl.

How many lives can you say you have changed or saved?

We will continue to love her and care for her until she or we take our last breaths on this earth. That is the reason God put me here on this earth. To nurture and love one of his perfect angels. I know my reason for being here do you?

I wonder what you would do if something horrible happened and one of your children was left unable to care for themselves?

I pray for your children's sake that nothing like that ever happens to them.


11 comments:

Sarah said...

Much love, much much love. It sounds more like your commentor was unaware than Makily herself. You've advocated for a child when others ( obviously ) couldn't be bothered.

Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. I hope Makily walks with combat boots!

( And that gag you commented on... that was a chocolate chip... my baby hates chocolate... could she even be my baby? )

michelle hays said...

There. I told her a thing or two. I sent her a private message and wrote a comment on your video.

Someone did that to me with one of katy's videos. He said aweful things and proceeded to send me an email telling me horrible things about Katy's future.

I wrote him back, but felt no peace. Checking to see if he read the message, i noticed he had not. Then, I deleted it. I remember thinking " he shouldnt get the last word" and then I thought-

he wont. God will.

So, I deleted the ugliest comments and blocked him.

Congrats on the bottle drinking. THAT IS HUGE!

Unknown said...

I have tears in my eyes! Makily is a perfect angel....beautiful, loving and very clearly touching lives all over.

She is a miracle!!!

Esther said...

Looks like this "person" has left evil comments before. They are a troll that just seem to enjoy saying hurtful things. Makily has come so far, look at her taking a bottle.

sami2009 said...

(((((Hugs))))) to you and Makily!
I can't believe someone was so cruel to you! People are so terrible at times! Please know that I am always thinking of you and praying for you too! You are so strong to be able to deal with all of this. Taking care of a child with special needs is never easy, but it is very clear that you have so much love for your daughter! The person who commented the way they did, I'm sure, did not ever take care of a child with special needs, or parented one. How can they judge you? No one knows what lies ahead, only God knows. While I don't know what the future holds for you, I can see happiness for you and your daughter because of the love you have for her and the way you advocate for her and her needs. I have nothing but respect for you! Thank you for continuing to share your journey with us through this blog, it takes a lot of courage to be as honest as you are.
Love and hugs,
Sami

Kathryn said...

Hanna611 should be pitied. She has obviously never known the love that surrounds Makily and those who know her. I don't think I have ever signed your guestbook, but I have been reading about this precious bundle since your CB page was almost brand new. God's Peace be with you.

Unknown said...

I can't believe person had the nerve to say such a thing. I have never met you guys before and just watching the video put tears in my eyes. Your daughter is a beautiful little girl.

My daughter was born with DiGeorge Sydrome and before I even knew about this syndrome I took so much for granted. I now appreiciate all the little things my daughter does. We have dealt with her medical issues and thank God every day for giving us a special child. I am very proud of all that Makily has accomplished and can't wait to see what she does in the future.

By the way I think that was just adorable watching her snuggle with her friend!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Lala!! said...

Hi, we are all here with you , even though far away we are walking with you through this. Whatever anybody says you and your lovely little girl are always going to be much stronger than somebody who spends their time writing comments on blogs/internet sites to this nature.
Here for you and don't ever let those words affect you again. Try and see it from the point that it is her/their problem and they are the ones with the problems and they are the ones with a lot of growing up to do.

Take care

Chris
(peggypeg on P2P)
Can I link to your blog from mine? Thanks

Proud Mommy To An Angel said...

OMG! That had to be SATAN himself who wrote that. What the hell is wrong with people? Hrmm, that makes me sooooo angry I want to find this girl and well, let's say, take care of her. I'm so sorry! I just wrote a blog about the beauty of special needs kiddos and the joy they can fill people hearts with. Anyway, love you and Makily and I'm thankful for all that you have done for her and that you've shared her via blogs and videos with other people. Love you! Don't stop! Seriously, if you want, we can start a hit list, lol.

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi girl,
My stomach hurt to read this comment. This person has not been humbled. Life will catch up..and then I bet one day she'll reconsider her words. Quite honestly..the person sounds 15 years old?
I love your baby. PERIOD.

Unknown said...

Trish, sending you big (((HUGS))) to you. I am so sorry that this crazy nut job even bothered to utter her rude obnoxious comments.

It reminds me how many people out there really don't know just how lucky they are. These are the same people who complain about their kids talking to them constantly, or telling you that mobility isn't all it's cracked up to be, because they have to chase their little one around so much and it makes them tired. What I wouldn't give to have my little J chattering incessantly at me, or having to chase him around if he could walk and run like a typical child.

However, we are so lucky and blessed to see the true image of God in our children. They are not hunkered down with all the evils of this world. They are truly innocent like we were all intended.
Thank you for sharing Makily and hopefully soneday her and Josh can have a playdate! I'm so glad I found your blog!