Saturday, April 05, 2008

TAGGED


I was tagged by Jacolyn and so here it goes

Here are the rules:
  1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
So here we go.

1. I have a horrible obsession with picking my feet. I know this is terribly gross and some of you are probably wondering why you read my blog. My feet are so dry and crusty that at night when I get in bed, my heels almost Velcro themselves to my blanket. My niece Tara got me a Ped Egg for Christmas and I get GREAT JOY out of seeing the pile of white shavings left over after I have "grated" my feet. Sometimes the pile is so big I honestly think you could make another entire foot out of it.

2. I hate getting gas. I will drive the car until it is totally on "E" and then pray all the way to the gas station. (I have only run out of gas twice in my life)

3. I met Gary Coleman once, he shook my hand and stared at my boobs.

4. I LOVE soft, fluffy blankets. Especially when they are right out of the dryer. It does not matter where I am, if you put a soft, fluffy, warm blanket on or near me...I will fall asleep in minutes....if Makily is snuggling with me, then it's mere seconds.

5. My parents used to take my sisters and I to the local county jail every weekend. We would sit in a room with 20-30 inmates for an hour or more at a time.

6. As a teenager I had a tremendous crush on Joey McIntyre (OMG is he HOT or what?) of New Kids On The Block and today when I found out today they are getting back together....I got TERRIBLY giddy inside. Allen just rolled his eyes at me as I watched the announcement on the Internet this morning with a HUGE goofy grin on my face.

7. I can't see. I hate contacts so I wear glasses. Problem is I loose my glasses ALL THE TIME. Last time I went to the eye doctor I bought TWO pairs of glasses. I lost one in Orlando during Makily's last sleep study. The other pair I was trying to adjust (they were falling off my face) and I broke them right in half. I tried to tape them together nerd-style but they wouldn't stay together very long. The other night Allen and I watched a movie here at the house. I wanted to see it better so he literally taped the two halves of my glasses to my face. I looked like a total moron but I could totally see the movie! I really need to get them fixed huh?

7 comments:

michelle hays said...

what?!

You went to the county jail often? Why?

New kids on the block are getting back together?

michelle hays said...

ps- the gary coleman thing is too funny.

Patyrish said...

Yeah Michelle, our family traveled with my sister and two other ladies. They sang together as a group. My oldest sister ran the sound. We did a jail ministry for a while. It was sort of strange for me as an 11 year old but we were "well guarded". LOL They only put us in with the non-violent offenders.

Alyssa said...

I remember the LAST jail trip with such fondness, you know, when they locked us in the gym with the group that was jacking each other off while we were singing??

Thank God mom and dad decided that was it. I don't think they could have dragged me back after that day.

he hehehehehe

Anonymous said...

tara said...

jacking each other off?!?!












lucky!

Proud Mommy To An Angel said...

County Jail?? Got to explain, GIRL! Oh, I just read why. Ok, I thought my mom was bad making us play BINGO with the elderly at the nursing home. Hrmm, our parents!

Anonymous said...

Trish, I just HAD to laugh about your random facts! They're great! I love the poem as well. I'm not sure about the title either. Hope you have a great week!
Sami