Monday, February 13, 2012

Learning How Not To Strangle The K-Mart Check Out Lady.

So one thing that has been helped NOTICEABLY since I got out of the nut house is my temper.

It does not flare up nearly as much as it used to and I am much calmer about things when I do get pissed off.

I won't say that before I was tyrant or anything but when someone ESPECIALLY someone in customer service would piss me off (because they were lazy or just didn't want to do their job) I would lose my shit and not care who was around.

I went to K-Mart a few weeks ago. I am slowly redecorating the house right now and they were having a sale "ALL HOME DECOR 50% off".

So to me that means well.....ALL HOME DECOR is 50% off.

Yes I K-MART decorate my house and I AM PROUD.

&&<span class=
I picked up several pics for the walls, decorative pillows and a really cool matching mirror set. I had a few other things and they were all home decor BUT I know how K Mart can be sometimes. I knew I'd get up there and this or that would be marked full price. So I just decided I'd have the cashier price check the items that I knew would be questionable.

&&<span class=

Of course there are like two cashiers working and full lines so I wait forever to get checked out. Those that know me KNOW I am not patient person although I AM WORKING ON IT so I was already a little irritated with the wait.

I always get behind the person that says YES.
&&<span class=
When I got to the front of the line I had all the items I wanted price checked together. I put them on the counter and said:

"These should all be on the 50% off sale but I just wanted you to double check they are truly on sale because I know sometimes it doesn't ring up right."

She looks at me....annoyed....and says "Didn't you price check these yourself using our in store scanners?"

&&<span class=

*blink*

*blink*

My first thought and answer WOULD HAVE BEEN:

"No you DUMB ASS, I did not. Had I done so WHY THE F*CK would I have gotten all these items into a pile together and then asked you to do it? FURTHERMORE, YOU are the cashier I AM THE CUSTOMER, will it kill you to scan FIVE items and tell me the freaking price so I know they are on sale....ISN'T THIS YOUR JOB....WAIT A MINUTE did I accidentally go to a SELF CHECK OUT LANE.....is this my mistake?....NO WAIT...IT'S YOURS....price check the items asshole."

&&<span class=
Instead of going off on that tangent LIKE I REALLLLLLY wanted to I said this:

"No ma'am I didn't see any self checkers in the store and......."

She cuts me off and says

"Well THEY ARE ALLL OVER the store."
&&<span class=

*blink*

HUGE SIGH

She's really trying me now. Basically saying I'm blind or just a plain lazy idiot for not scanning MY OWN items IN THE STORE...WHEN SHE IS THE PAID CASHIER.

&<span class=l
sigh

I just said "Well I don't see any...."

Then she cuts me off AGAIN and says that she isn't supposed to price check my stuff because they are on a timer and it takes too long to price check.

I pause for a moment to do this in my head.....

<span class=


I ooked at her and envisioned JERKING her out from behind the cash register and QUICKLY scanning the items myself to show her how fast it can be done.

BUT AGAIN.....I still had a shred of restraint and said...

"Well what if a customer is like me and does not know this rule....and let's face it......not many are going to know it......are they just OUT OF LUCK AND FORCED to buy something at full price that should be on sale....I'm sure you have elderly people that come here that don't even know how to USE the self checkers throughout the store.......much less see them."

Then she said that she was going to do it for me this time (how effin kind of her, she's doing her job for ME this time) ....and would you believe that two of the items rang up full price?

When I argued and said "Aren't all home decor items on sale?" She just looked at me and said YES. I said "Well isn't that wall picture HOME DECOR?" She said YES and then just stared at me.

I asked why it was ringing up higher she just said it must NOT be on sale.

I told her I didn't want it and got the rest of my items and left the store.

I'm trying to change....really trying but sometimes people really know how to make it difficult.

&<span class=

*BTW I realize there is a paragraph that is a link to one of my pics and I can't figure out how to get rid of it....so I left it there. SORRY!*

2 comments:

BryandMommy said...

This is definitely not your fault. I do it all the time with stuff. I think if you even try and be a niceguy you will, WILL, finish last (Greenday ~ Nice Guys Finish Last). I do the same thing when shopping and am only truly a bitch when someone does something like this woman did to you. It is their job and by arguing with you over how it's not, she could have rung them up. What's it to her? She's paid either way. Cue customer service. I usually ask for the Manager at that point and then start a mini-riot in the line I am by louding informing everyone behind me or in the vicnity (which I measure by my decibel level) to a blow by blow account of what is happening. The trick is to talk louder than them. Yes I am out of my gourd but really, there is no way ANYONE is gonna treat me like that when I am a shopping customer. I usually try and preface it like you "I don't know what the prices are and they are supposed to be on sale BUT ...". One time (Okay more than once) I have looked straight at the person's face when the item did not ring up abandoned the line in a dramatic fashion (complete with major sound effects and talking to myself) while I loudly inform everyone I am going to "GET THE SIGN" which proves said items are on sale. This, of course, results in a line stopping situation because they are smack in the middle of my order and I have now left the 'building' - or the line at least to trod thorugh the store to get the SALE SIGN. I also usually turn to the person behind me and tell them "THIS IS GONNA BE AWHILE YOU MIGHT WISH TO SWITCH LANES" while I am either in full blown bith status or storming off to peel the mother-effing sign off the shelf to prove my point. BREATHE. Nah, that doesn't work for me. I understand these people are paid bare-minimum wage but they should understand, therefore, more than anyone else why I must get the ADVERTISED SALE PRICE and no, I'm not gonna pay full price when I know for a fact it was on sale and yes did check the eff-ing self-scanner. Okay end of rant. Just know you are not alone. And maybe that's bad news coming from me... hahahahahahaha! Drama EVERYWHERE I GO. Sometimes though, just enough to make it survivable, a good thing happens. Funny story .... save it for another time ;) Hugs hun! Oh and side note. Yes my family tries not to be seen with me in public but interestingly enough my daughter is now learning WHY I do this because it's her $$ on the line ....

Carina said...

I Work at a Kmart in Maryland and if that was one of us we would get fired or written up. As far as i know there is no such thing as being timed to ring a customer up. She just didnt want to do her job. I personally would have reported her.