Friday, February 03, 2012

It's always an adventure with ME.

I saw Kelly Clarkson last night.

IT. WAS. AMAZING.

Worth every single penny we paid for the tickets and headache it was getting there.

I had google mapped the directions. I have GPS on my phone but last time I used it, it got me really lost and then lost signal and I was on I-4 during like rush hour traffic. I figured we would use the GOOGLE map directions and my GPS only as a backup.

<span class=

We drive for TWO hours and according to the google directions we should have been arriving at any moment. We realized something was up because streets and places weren't matching up at all. For a few minutes I actually thought I had pulled up THE WRONG VENUE address. I was none too pleased. Finally we realize I had the right address but GOOGLE MAPS had it wrong and at this point we were an hour away and the concert started in 30 minutes.

I almost cried.

I have this awful car quirk.

If I am going on a car trip, if the trip should take two hours but for whatever reason it takes longer I start getting anxious at two hours and one minute. I never mentioned this to the shrink but it's annoying and weird. So I was driving in the dark on a HUGE interstate highway in a city I know nothing about an hour away from the concert that starts in 30 minutes that I paid an arm and a leg for the tickets for. To top it off I am going to be in the FRIGGIN car a additional hour. I wanted to bludgeon (okay beat...bludgeon could be a bit much) the person who had screwed up the Google directions. I kept my cool though. I did not have a hissy fit although I was on the verge of it.

We FINALLY get to the venue, park and rush inside to find that the opening act had just finished and we had NOT missed ANY of Kelly.

PHEW!

I immediately was in a better mood.

We walked down to get into our seats and the farther to to the front we went the more surreal it became. I kept looking at Trishtwo going WOW this is for real. We got to our seats and neither one of us had any words. We both just kept looking around with really goofy grins on our faces.

Don't mind my sweat!
<span class=

We made fast friends with the people around us. (minus the lady described farther down) lol

We were less than 6 feet from the stage.

We went to the bar and both ordered Rum and Cherry Cokes. I didn't want to get plowed like the lady behind us.

She kept screaming a mixture of the following:

1. AHHHHH I LOVE YOU KELLY

2. I LOVE YOUR MICROPHONE KELLY

3. YOUR GORGEOUS

4. YOUR DOING A GREAT JOB

5. YOU SING MY LIFE KELLY

6. I LOVE YOUR MICROPHONE STAND.

Then she would do some Indian sounding yell. She was toasted out of her mind and her husband was trying to keep her STANDING up. Finally they ended up leaving before the concert was even over.

She sounds AMAZING live. Just as good as she sounds if not better than on the radio. She doesn't have a bunch of dancers or terribly intricate stage sets but they were still really cool. I liked how it is just HER and her beautiful voice. She's really cute in person too.

<span class=

She sang all my favorites and some of them she did a faster or slower version of and they all sounded great.

<span class=

When the concert was over we got a sackful of Krystals (don't judge) and spent the night at a hotel. How fun!

We drove home this morning and I have to say the last week has been so good for us. For me. For Makily. For all of us. I just hope things continue looking up.

This was the song that was my favorite from last night. So beautiful and sad at the same time.



More pics below.


<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

0 comments: