
This will be an entry filled with lots of ranting and raving. It will be all over the place so just bear with me.
1. I am so INCREDIBLY frustrated with the foster licensing process right now I could just cry. I don't know what is going on but I seriously feel so defeated. I call our licensing lady once a week. Last week I call and ask what is going on. She tells me that they (God himself, the mayor, the president who the heck knows who "they" are) haven't even reviewed the FIRST draft of the home study that was sent. *sigh* I call today and asked again what was happening. SAME ANSWER it's STILL not even been reviewed! I just don't understand. We have been going through this process for ALMOST A YEAR NOW! A YEAR!!! I am constantly hearing how there is such a shortage of foster parents, WELL NOW I KNOW WHY! They DRAG their feet so much! I have jumped through every hoop, gotten every piece of paper work, and it's so frustrating that I just have to sit here and wait for someone else to review this stuff. I asked why it hadn't been reviewed and was told "I don't know". What's worse is even when "they"approve it, IT STILL HAS TO GO TO THE STATE OF FLORIDA FOR REVIEW and approval, that can take ANOTHER two weeks (so in their time two months). I don't understand how people like THIS
are licensed to foster while we sit and WAIT! What's worse is I have no one to complain to. I don't want to cause a huge stink because I don't want them to think I am some crazy maniac lady. I WISH WE HAD $30,000 WE WOULD JUST ADOPT! Fertility issues SUCK!
2. My poor baby is a retching maniac lately. The last three nights I have woken up hearing her trying to vomit on the baby monitor. I run in there and sit her up. Last night was really bad and she had only had a little over half of her feed. Our gastro appt is coming up and I am going to speak with him and the nutritionist about putting Makily on a puree diet through her g tube. Zachary's mommy Nikki, contacted me recently about it and told me how much it has helped Zachary so I am hoping it will do the same for Makily. Some thing's gotta give. I feel so bad for her and I don't know what else to do. I spoke with the GI office a week or so ago and they did tell me her upper GI showed "minimal reflux going up past the esophagus". She said that her Nissen is still working except one TINY part that is allowing the "minimal reflux. That could be causing her to retch more but that there isn't much we can do about it other than what we are doing. **I have had people ask me what retching is, well here is a video I found (just a warning, it's not fun to watch). This is exactly what Makily does, it can last anywhere from a few seconds to five minutes of this. When she is able to stop and catch her breath, she cries which triggers the retching again. :-(
3. I hate apostrophe's and every blog I do, I have to go back through spell check and have them inserted (told you this would be random).
4. I had a postal worker harass me yesterday about tape. YES TAPE. I had ebay'd some stuff and took it to the TINY post office down by my house. He came OUT of his cubby to inspect my packages. He said I used the wrong tape. Now understand that I tape everything LIKE CRAZY because I don't want my label to come off or the package to come undone, most of my packages look ridiculous because of the tape. He actually said he wouldn't take my package because I didn't use "clear tape, not scotch or masking". He said my label wasn't going to stay on...I laughed and said there is no way that is coming off, you and I both know that. He told me that I would have to repackage it or take it elsewhere, he wasn't accepting it. Then I thought in my head "am i really sitting here arguing about tape with this man?" SERIOUSLY? I went to the store, bought tape and scissors and came back. I asked him if my tape was "regulation". He said it was but maybe too thin and then asked me if I wanted to use his!?!? I wouldn't have used his tape if it was the last piece of tape on the entire planet. Freaking Tape Nazi.
On a good note the montage for Makily's birthday is coming along nicely. I have more than half of it done already! I figured it would take me longer than it has. I am trying to wait to post it until her birthday but I don't know if I will be able to.
Friday, March 07, 2008
Random Frustrations.
Posted by Patyrish at 3/07/2008 09:37:00 AM
Labels: Emanuel Syndrome, foster parent licensing, foster parenting, Makily, Nissen, reflux, retching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I'm so hoping they can figure this out for our baby girl. Whenever Luke does this..I freak out.
I will pray for quick resolution on this. Poor sweetie.
You must realize by now just how normal you are. So many people take comfort in your ramblings because it sounds so much like them. thanks for putting into words how i feel so often. I am working on getting a blog going. We'll see. I can sit at the computer to shop on ebay but not to keep up with family pictures. love ya jen
freaking stupid tape man. that's the only power he has in life. gosh!
(tara)
So sorry you're still stuck waiting when at the same time there are so many children needing what you can offer. So frustrating.
Mog does the retching thing too but we have found Zofran works wonders when she's having an attack of it, reaaly settles it. I hope the pureed diet helps.
Tia
Retching breaks my heart like nothing else....I feel so helpless because there is nothing I can do.
Dumb tape man! Get a life!!
((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Seriously... Tape??? You know, people like that have way too much time on their hands!!! Praying that the Princess can get some help for her retching! Love you!
Post a Comment