Saturday, March 29, 2008

Schmoooozing, Sneakers and Reflux.

So Trishtwo (bff and person who left me to chat with Kool-Aid teeth man) asked Allen and I if we would go to an event with her and Justin (her hubby). She works for the new paper and goes to all these big local events. She said it was a "Tennis Shoe Ball" and your supposed to wear sneakers. Since your wearing sneakers I assumed it was casual dress and said "sure we'll go". Well Justin called yesterday to make sure we were going and I said "yeah, just want to verify that IT IS casual dress right".

He was like "ugh no didn't you hear Trish say you dress up but wear sneakers".

I must have totally lost my mind or gone deaf when she said that part.

Allen had something we could work with but I had NOTHING to wear. NOTHING. So in a mad dash I went shopping to find something. I tried on 800 things to no avail. I finally found a black dress with a rhinestone embellishment and tried it on....too big, got the next size down...still too big but it was the smallest size they had

GREAT!

It was either that or don't go though so I bought the dress that was a smidge too big anyway.

Might I add that clothes shopping for me is a NIGHTMARE! I am almost NEVER the same size in any two brands of clothes. I am shaped like a box and seriously nothing fits me right. When I am really thin (which right now I am not!) it's better but I still have the same problem.

*sigh*

So we met the Teals there. The "Tennis Shoe Ball" was a fund raiser for the Ocala Police Dept. Lots of influential people there all decked out in suits and gowns with SNEAKERS ON. I was impressed that even though I have been a stay at home mommy now for FOUR years I am still able to SCHMOOZE with the best of them. That's one thing I can say for myself, I can pretty much fit in and talk to anyone. I have always been that way.

I had a few drinks and that helped relax me too. It really was a nice time. I seriously needed a break since we have been cooped up for the last two weeks with sick bubby.

Speaking of bubby she is still sick and I really don't know what to do with her. She still has a cough and TONS of snot. I don't know where it all comes from SERIOUSLY! Yesterday after her afternoon feed she started retching, and something actually came out.

THIS IS A FIRST IN ALMOST FOUR YEARS AND SCARED ME TO DEATH!

I had given her RED triaminic because she needed some relief from the nasty cough. She retched and out came RED stuff. I started to freak thinking it was blood and then remembered the medicine. It's not good that something was able to come up. That coupled with the cough that just doesn't seem to go away makes me VERY nervous as far as reflux and her Nissen goes. This is something I will mention to gastro.

The fostering process is moving along. I got a copy of our home study via email today. We have to sign it. PLUS we have to have our backups (babysitters) all sign a "affidavit of moral character" AND get it notarized. This is rather annoying as they NEVER mentioned this and our backups were fingerprinted LAST SUMMER! The goal is to have all this done by Tuesday morning and then it will be sent to "The Zone". We'll see, again I am not getting my hopes up and I refuse to get too excited again until I actually have that license in my HOT LITTLE HANDS!

Here are a few pictures from our evening last night.

Me on the way there:
Photobucket

Nike's and panty hose somehow just doesn't feel right?
Photobucket

Allen and I at the "Sneaker Ball"
Photobucket

Us again
Photobucket

The Teals
Photobucket

Trish N Trish
Photobucket

Me being silly on the way home after a few drinks! :-)
(my angry face, making fun of Allen here)
Photobucket

Allen saying "put the camera down ya fool"!
Photobucket

Getting a headache, I need to go to bed
Photobucket


8 comments:

michelle hays said...

hey you look really good!

Anonymous said...

yay trish glad you and allen had a great night out you 2 both deserve it.haha did you wake up with a hang over?xoxoxo katie melbourne australia.

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Just wanted to let you know that I am here reading all your blogs- they are amazing! I have followed Makily's journey for two years or so. She is such a cutie, I hope she feels better soon.
Oh and you looked great it your gear for the "sneaker ball!"
Sending my love and prayers,
Lucy.

Unknown said...

You go girlie! You look beautiful! So glad you both had a great night out!!!

Hope Makily is feeling better soon. My littlest one is a huge snot factory too, with a little cough. I think it's just something going around right now.

Anonymous said...

tara said....
how do you do your hair like that? i'm so jealous. you looked great!

Patyrish said...

**Tara, it's called a FAT curling iron!

Jacolyn said...

Pretty pic of you! Looks like so much fun!

Proud Mommy To An Angel said...

Love the new blgg background! I have to say you and Allen clean up pretty dang good! I hope you had a terrific time. I admire that about you, being able to smooze with best of them. I'm not real good at that. Hope the princess gets well. I've been praying for you guys! Love, J