Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ya know the house where the tree fell?




Those that know me know I worked in a real estate office for four years. I worked in the front office. We got some pretty interesting phone calls at times. This one I will never forget though. I am changing the name of the Realty company....just because.

Me: Good Morning AAA Realty, this is Trish can I help you?

Caller: Yes, I want to know how much that house is.

Me: Sure I can help you with that....which house are you calling about?

Caller: Ugh, you know the blue house.

Me: I am sorry sir, I don't know all the house colors can you give me some more information on it?

Caller: It's the blue house over by where that one tree fell years ago and it laid in the street for days? You know the house right?

**keep in mind I worked for the largest real estate company in Marion County and we literally had HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of houses for sale**

Me: No I am sorry I don't know which house that is, can you give me the street number?

Caller: Gosh I don't know, it's down that one street though where that tree fell.

**at this point I am getting a little irritated because how the heck am I supposed to help him when all he can say is the blue house where the tree fell, although I had this happen often**

Me: I am sorry sir, we have HUNDREDS of houses for sale and I am not sure where you are talking about, could you remember if there is a name on the sign, you know like the realtor's name?

Caller: Oh ya know I think I did write that down.....let me look and see.....yes, yes here it is....Eves the realtor's name is Eves.

Me: Eve?
*now I am REALLY confused because we have no realtor named Eve*

Caller: No! Eves.....E-V-E-S period.

Me: Eves?

Caller: Yeah Eves...that is what the sign said.

Me: Can you hold for a moment please?

Caller: Sure.

I immediately realize that the caller thinks that the realtor's name is Eves because the sign said "Eves. 444-444-4444" MEANING THE EVENING NUMBER!

I looked around the office thinking SURELY I will see an agent crouched in one of the conference rooms phone in hand chuckling. Nope, this was not a prank....this was for real.

I became hysterical.

Once I composed myself I picked the phone back up.

Me: Sir, was there a phone number after "Eves" name?

Caller: Yep, it was 222-2222

Me: Okay hold please.

So I go down the entire list of Realtors and their evening numbers and find the correct agent. I transferred the man to the agent and was in awe of this poor man's lack of common sense.

Eves.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love to leave a comment but I'm not sure what comment to make after that! HA!

Maybe just ...people can be so dumb??

Lizzie said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen today - you never told me that story - just when you think you have heard it all. LOL

Proud Mommy To An Angel said...

You have a heart of gold! That was really sweet that you didn't make the man feel like an idiot.

Unknown said...

LOL!!! Customer service has it's funny ones doesn't it!