Saturday, March 22, 2008

On the mend and BIG REVEAL.

Makily coughed all night but her temp is 99.6 THAT'S RIGHT 99.6! I am so thrilled. She is acting like herself and smiling. Right now she is watching scooby Doo in the highchair playing with her toys happily. She actually giggled several times today!

Dr. Pierre called to check on her and she was pleased that her temps are finally stabilizing. Her urine culture came back and it was fine other than some "colonies of normal urine contaminant" so I am convinced this was just a HORRENDOUS viral bug that we all caught. Poor Doodles has a hard time recovering from stuff like this though. She still looks pretty puny but she is maintaining good temps (we are still giving meds though) and that is what is most important. She is coughing a bit and still has a pretty snotty nose though. I am feeling a little better too.

So I couldn't wait until Monday I am going to post Makily's new "montage" I did. I love it! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish,

I'm glad Makily is feeling better. The montage is lovely, but not as lovely as the little girl it honors! God is so good. Happy Fourth Birthday, Makily. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Lucy
(mom to Elijah, PRS)

Anonymous said...

Trish,

Jackson's ONE!!!!! Thank you. Without you and Makily I wouldn't be able to see just how amazing our kids are. You helped me get to the good place. The ride is what makes life worth living and some of us are giving one hell of a ride!
Love ya
Jen
Warning four is full of attitude. Enjoy Ha Ha

Proud Mommy To An Angel said...

Priceless! Not sure what to say except, Amazing! Happy Birthday Baby Girl. Love, J

Anonymous said...

Love the new montage! So glad sweet pea is feeling better! Happy Birthday!!!

michelle hays said...

I wish that I could put into words what your video montage did to me. All I can say is that Ive got tears streaming down my face and I wish with all my heart that I could go and find you guys so that I could kiss makily and shake your hand.

You have no idea what an impression you are leaving on me. I will never forget it. I will tell my children and my grand children your stories. What a miracle. What a testimony.

Greetings from Mexico.

Anonymous said...

I just got done watching the new video montage...tears, tears, tears, and all I can say is that I LOVE you and Makily so much. We may not have ever met in person, but I feel that you have taken the words about your daughter right out of my heart about my daughter. I am so proud of Makily and all that she has accomplished and for all of her strength and I can't wait until I can send you a video of Riley sitting up like a big girl like Makily...THank you for sharing your inner most feeling with us...It is such a crazy feeling knowing that I am not alone in how I feel and with what we go through...I hope to be able to hug that little girl like crazy some day and meet you all in person!

Sending so much love and hugs!
Nikki mom to Riley (3 years old, Aicardi Syndrome)
www.caringbridge.com/mn/rileynicolle

Ashley Kostjuk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Kostjuk said...

Happy Birthday Makily. Your smile is infectious and your life is beautiful. You make me smile as I think of my Reesie - hoping to see her turn four in a few years. Thank you for sharing your life - as we are beginning our journey the Lord brought your family into ours. Thank you.
Happy 4th Birthday.
Love,
Reese's Family

blessed35 said...

That montage was beautiful! I'm wiping my eyes. I'm glad she's feeling better.

Heather ( calebsmom04 on parent2parent & reflux).

Anonymous said...

tara said...

great montage..loved the upbeat song and i saw everyone in there!

Anonymous said...

We are friends of the Kostjuks in CA. Thanks for your beautiful montage which captures Makily's life so well. I feel like I know you already. I hope we will meet someday. God bless you. Happy birthday Makily! My 14 & 10 Yr. old boys were watching the montage with me and my 10 yr. old said, "Mom I'm not really crying, my eyes are watering b/c I'm so tired"

Anonymous said...

Beautiful video for a beautiful little girl that has touched all of our hearts.Many blessings to Makily, Trish and Allen.

Love the Teals.

Jacolyn said...

OMG!!! Beautiful!! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Stephanie Rese (St-Pierre) said...

Trish- you have a way of making people get all mushy and melty inside. What an inspiring, sweet girl and what a loving proud mom. YOu are like family to us,

The St-Pierre's in Timmins

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Hi Trish,
I just dropped by from Special Needs parents. What a beautiful little girl Makily is. I am so sorry she has been sick and glad she is on the mend! It is scary when any of our kids get that sick, but when our special ones, it's even worse. My little Peanut ended up in the hospital around Christmas with a nasty viral bug. It was not a fun time. Here's to no set backs and a quick recovery!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Video!
Happy Birthday. You have come such a long way.

Michele and Nathan (your prs buddy)
caringbridge.org/visit/nateypatey

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Birthday, Makily! We thank God for you. I hope you get over your snotty nose soon, and have a *great* birthday.

And thank you, Trish, for sharing the video montage with us all. It's beautiful--and so are you, and so is Makily!

Carolyn
(Grandma to Elijah, from the PRS list)

Anonymous said...

Trish,

What a beautiful video! I can not believe it has been four years, she has grown so much! Happy Birthday to Makily!

Love, Kelle Rodney and Trevor