Thursday, January 08, 2009

I'm not even shocked anymore.

My trust for child welfare is pretty much non-existent these days.

There was meeting on J's case this week.

Of course I went.

I arrived ten minutes early just to be told they were running a half hour behind.

It was almost an hour past the scheduled time before I was called back to the meeting.

They started it without me which REALLY infuriated me since they all knew I was sitting out there waiting.

I think I ruffled feathers last week (which I don't really care) by giving a synopsis of J's case to "a higher power". Leaving me waiting and starting the meeting without me was my punishment perhaps. I could just be reading too much into it and maybe they are just inconsiderate jerks.

Nothing was done or resolved. I got the vibe that this meeting was really just a formality and that nothing really is going to get done or changed until the next meeting.

It was more like a meeting to plan for the next meeting?

I was almost surprised because there has been MANY things going on surrounding the case in the last week and no one seemed really very interested in talking much about it. Everyone was very "matter of fact" and totally non-chalant.

This annoyed me.

Near the end "Dingbat" (someone involved in the case) told an out and out blatant lie. I called her on it in a very non-confrontational way. She acted like I was the crazy one. I quickly realized that I would get no where with her and so I just said "Oh maybe I misunderstood".

sigh

I have to admit that I am hardened to the lying and manipulating now. I am not even shocked much by it anymore. I think if they all told the truth and actually did the job that they are paid to be doing I would be more shocked then.

4 comments:

my life: said...

I hear you....I do. We just went back on the list...with a bit of a heavy heart this time. We've been in it too long...I think.
If it were about loving and protecting children...we would be ready to dive in...dealing with the department..can suck the life out of you.
Praying for a positive outcome!

Anonymous said...

Hey Trish! I like how Amber said it can "such the life out of you." Well put, my friend...

I sent you an e-mail - don't toss it out as junk mail! :o)

Take care!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hey girl..I had to blog power stalk you today. I've been so busy with 2 hands full and zero time to type. So..wow, Christmas, New Years, smells..the damn gbutton, foster system. Girl..I kid you not. Not many people can jump on our crazy bus. I swear..we've somehow jumped on the exact same crazy bus. Hence..why I love you.
Big hugs honey..PRAYING!!

michelle hays said...

My sister works in a court as a translator. Nothing phases her anymore...

I hope things turn around for you.