Sunday, November 30, 2008

Makily's Bed.

Photobucket

I am beyond Grateful.

Makily's SLEEP SAFE BED arrived a week or so ago.

Life has been so chaotic lately that i haven't been able to post about it.

When it arrived I was SO excited. I don't know why but I was shocked that it was shipped in a HUGE semi trailer (see above photo)! Then when I saw it coming out of the truck I was shocked again because I just didn't expect it to be so big.

We got it into the house. My parents came over that night and Dad and Allen put it together in less than two hours. I was super impressed.

We had no bedding for it so Makily got a brand new comforter set and curtains.

It is PERFECT in every way. Makily will likely NEVER need a new bed the rest of her life. It is large enough that I can get in with her and snuggle her to sleep. The other night Allen and I both got in there with her and she was SOOOO HAPPY! She grin and giggled and had a big time. She laughs when we raise or lower the bed.

This bed is such a blessing to our family. I can't think SLEEP SAFE enough for their generosity to our family. Everyone that I tell the story too just stares at me in disbelief...until they see the bed.

Thank you so much again Mr. Joe Hallock and Mr. Gregg Weinshreider (owners of Sleep Safe Beds). You are proof that there still really are good people in the world. God will bless you greatly for what you have done for us.

Coming off the truck
Photobucket

Little J doing an inspection of the frame.
Photobucket

THE BED
Photobucket

Foot board
Photobucket

Headboard...notice the awesome IV pole for her pump? LOVE THIS!
Photobucket

The Princess in her bed
Photobucket

Her being silly
Photobucket

"Oh Mommy could you PLEASE go away"!
Photobucket

I sleep in Makily's bed with her when Allen is on the road. It's the perfect size. We were being goofy before bed time tonight. She was so giggly. I love that.
Photobucket

I look really stupid in this one but it cracks me up.
Photobucket

I love her
Photobucket

11 comments:

joyboytinkertoy said...

I think thats the 1st time seen her teeth.. she is so cute and im so jealous of your bed.. now the princess has her thrown.. she looks great in it..congrats

Heather said...

How awesome Trish!! I'm so happy to see her safe and comfy and happy!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, that bed is HUGE! How much did it cost again? Did you ever get insurance to cover it? You're right in that she'll definitely fit in that bed probably forever; I'm so happy you finally got it for her.

I wish all children with the types of disabilities that Makily has could automatically get a bed like that.

Do you know if there are any charities out there that one can donate to that helps families with disabled children afford some of the equipment they need? I have a child with autism and I've read lots of different special needs child blogs and one thing I am always struck by is how very little insurance covers for our special children.

michelle hays said...

OOOHHHHHH my gosh!!! How cute!!! You guys look so sweeeet! Makily looks so happy... like a princess in her little bed!

It looks like a great bed.

Unknown said...

Oh that is so amazing Trish.
I am so happy to see that her bed is there and she is safe and happy in it.

my life: said...

What a beautiful...wonderful...gift! I love, love, love this post.
Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks so happy and SOOO cute!! How exciting! And WOW a full size bed!! Thats what I share with my husband, I'm so jealous!

Violet said...

Yay for Makily's new bed! She so deserves it! It looks GREAT And now I have a HUGE respect for the company. I'm will totally put the word out for families of kids I know need this bed!

Esther said...

That is so awesome!

sami2009 said...

That bed is AWESOME! I want one! Lol. It's great, I know that you were wanting it for her and that is so great that someone donated one for you! Gosh, it really is huge! The kids are getting so big, I'm going to have to check more often! Sending lots of prayers.
Sami

Momma chaos said...

Congrats!! So awesome that the bed arrived :)