This Thanksgiving weekend has been a mixture of emotions.
We had a wonderful Turkey Day. We were all together, eating, talking and just having wonderful family time. The kids were happy and it was yet another holiday filled with priceless family memories. Only thing it was missing was my sister Elizabeth! :-( She had to work so she couldn't be there. She's a Paramedic and they just went through a transition to working as county employees rather than a private entity. Once the change went through she lost ALL of her seniority and can't ask for time off for at least six months and is on probation for the same amount of time.....oh and I did mention the pay cut she had to take?!
HOW WRONG IS THAT I ASK YOU!??!
Okay stepping off my soap box about that.
We were also missing my neice Tara, Nephew and his wife Hollie and daughter Haylee. They are all living in Hawaii (I am super jealous) so they couldnt be with us this year. :-(
Friday morning I got up at 4 am. Deborah (my sister) met me and my MIL here at the house and we braved Black Friday together as a TEAM! Deborah had not been in years and I must say she had a ball! All three of us got really great deals and thankfully we only had one mild "incident". A man walking furiously past me with a "Bed in a Bag" whacked me with said item and nearly knocked me down. I said "HOLY CRAP" and he turned around yelled "sorry" and continued on his mad shopping way!
I never thought I would be pummeled with a Bed in a Bag but hey I guess there is a first time for everything right?!
We came home around 10 am and I started to get myself and Makily ready to go to Carrie's memorial. It was emotional to say the least. There were so many people there and I know that would have really made Carrie feel great to see the countless lives she had touched. During the service they asked if anyone wanted to say something about Carrie. A few people stood up and I had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to get up and speak. I was nervous to at first because the last time I publicly spoke was when Makily received her NeuroSuit from FORE THE CHILDREN and I shook like a leaf and cried through most of what I said. I WAS SO EMBARRASSED that I was hesitant to stand up for Carrie.
I finally got over myself and did it anyway. I feel like she would have done the same for me had the circumstances been reversed.
I stood up and when I said my name EVERYONE in front of me turned around and I immediately thought "oh no, I think I changed my mind".
I am such a weinee sometimes.
I continued to speak and totally relaxed, for some reason my nerves went completely away as I spoke about Carrie and how she had helped me through a hard time in my life. When I got to the part about what the docs described Makily's life would be like at her birth I lost it. I had to take a few seconds to get myself back together. I finished explaining how Carrie and I were able to talk about the grief, loss and fear for our special children that we felt so deeply. That I am so sad I do not have that person I can connect with on that level anymore that lives RIGHT in my own town. It makes me so sad.
Please, please continue to pray for Carrie's family. Her kids are all so young. I am not sure how much little Logan or Brennan understand at this point. I do know that sweet Sarah probably totally gets it and my heart just aches for her. She was SO BEAUTIFUL and strong at the Memorial. I was very proud of her watching how gracefully she carried herself. That child is destined for great things.....I mean that from the bottom of my heart. There has been a trust fund established for Carrie's children. The monies collected will go towards paying for their college tuition. When they turn 18 they can choose to use the money for college. If they don't go to college their portion will be donated to the UNITED CEREBRAL PALSY FUND. Brennan's portion will automatically be donated to the UCP fund at 18. He is financially taken care of due to his birth injury so Sean knew that Carrie would want to make sure the money would go to help other children like sweet Brennan.
To donate to the Trust Fund you can go to ANY Bank Of America and say you want to donate to the:
CARRIE HAMMER CHILDREN'S COLLEGE FUND.
I know many people donate monies near the end of the year and this is TAX DEDUCTIBLE as it's a 501C. I can assure you this is a legitimate trust fund and the monies will be used for what it says it's for. I know sometimes you can never be sure.
Saturday morning I got up and Allen had bought "Lips". It's much like the "American Idol" for the Wii but it's the X-BOX version. I am not a singer but any stretch of the imagination (although Makily and J LOOOVE to hear Mamma sing :-). This game is fun and addicting though.
We invited Trishtwo and her hubby Justin, both my sisters, niece and nephew and my BIL Herman. Chontee came over too and brought little Brianna with her.
We drank a few Pina Colada's and sang like maniacs. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG TIME. There really was only one of us that could sing (Deborah of course although I think Chontee can sing but she did it very quietly). So whenever one of the rest of us had the mic, let's just say it was SHEER entertainment at it's worst/best!?
At the end of the night my BIL Herman and Justin decided they would do "Bust A Move" by Young MC together. Now Justin had been tearing up the mic all night but this was a new thing for Herman. I HAD TO GET IT ON VIDEO AND YES I WILL BE SHARING IT RIGHT HERE! IT WAS A RIOT!
When everyone was packing up to go Delaney grabbed a mic and we let her play with it. The little booger was singing and dancing in circles. IT WAS SOOO CUTE I could barely stand it. I swear she is my sister Deborah all over again. I think she got your singing genes Deb!
So without further ado...the blackmail video of 2008
Justin Teal and Herman Bryant
performing
"Bust A Move"
by Young MC
With Special appearance by the girl who stole the show!:
Delaney Bryant
BTW, THANKS for coming over and hanging out with us last night everyone. It's been a ROUGH couple of weeks and I needed a good laugh.
Love you all.
We had a wonderful Turkey Day. We were all together, eating, talking and just having wonderful family time. The kids were happy and it was yet another holiday filled with priceless family memories. Only thing it was missing was my sister Elizabeth! :-( She had to work so she couldn't be there. She's a Paramedic and they just went through a transition to working as county employees rather than a private entity. Once the change went through she lost ALL of her seniority and can't ask for time off for at least six months and is on probation for the same amount of time.....oh and I did mention the pay cut she had to take?!
HOW WRONG IS THAT I ASK YOU!??!
Okay stepping off my soap box about that.
We were also missing my neice Tara, Nephew and his wife Hollie and daughter Haylee. They are all living in Hawaii (I am super jealous) so they couldnt be with us this year. :-(
Friday morning I got up at 4 am. Deborah (my sister) met me and my MIL here at the house and we braved Black Friday together as a TEAM! Deborah had not been in years and I must say she had a ball! All three of us got really great deals and thankfully we only had one mild "incident". A man walking furiously past me with a "Bed in a Bag" whacked me with said item and nearly knocked me down. I said "HOLY CRAP" and he turned around yelled "sorry" and continued on his mad shopping way!
I never thought I would be pummeled with a Bed in a Bag but hey I guess there is a first time for everything right?!
We came home around 10 am and I started to get myself and Makily ready to go to Carrie's memorial. It was emotional to say the least. There were so many people there and I know that would have really made Carrie feel great to see the countless lives she had touched. During the service they asked if anyone wanted to say something about Carrie. A few people stood up and I had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to get up and speak. I was nervous to at first because the last time I publicly spoke was when Makily received her NeuroSuit from FORE THE CHILDREN and I shook like a leaf and cried through most of what I said. I WAS SO EMBARRASSED that I was hesitant to stand up for Carrie.
I finally got over myself and did it anyway. I feel like she would have done the same for me had the circumstances been reversed.
I stood up and when I said my name EVERYONE in front of me turned around and I immediately thought "oh no, I think I changed my mind".
I am such a weinee sometimes.
I continued to speak and totally relaxed, for some reason my nerves went completely away as I spoke about Carrie and how she had helped me through a hard time in my life. When I got to the part about what the docs described Makily's life would be like at her birth I lost it. I had to take a few seconds to get myself back together. I finished explaining how Carrie and I were able to talk about the grief, loss and fear for our special children that we felt so deeply. That I am so sad I do not have that person I can connect with on that level anymore that lives RIGHT in my own town. It makes me so sad.
Please, please continue to pray for Carrie's family. Her kids are all so young. I am not sure how much little Logan or Brennan understand at this point. I do know that sweet Sarah probably totally gets it and my heart just aches for her. She was SO BEAUTIFUL and strong at the Memorial. I was very proud of her watching how gracefully she carried herself. That child is destined for great things.....I mean that from the bottom of my heart. There has been a trust fund established for Carrie's children. The monies collected will go towards paying for their college tuition. When they turn 18 they can choose to use the money for college. If they don't go to college their portion will be donated to the UNITED CEREBRAL PALSY FUND. Brennan's portion will automatically be donated to the UCP fund at 18. He is financially taken care of due to his birth injury so Sean knew that Carrie would want to make sure the money would go to help other children like sweet Brennan.
To donate to the Trust Fund you can go to ANY Bank Of America and say you want to donate to the:
CARRIE HAMMER CHILDREN'S COLLEGE FUND.
I know many people donate monies near the end of the year and this is TAX DEDUCTIBLE as it's a 501C. I can assure you this is a legitimate trust fund and the monies will be used for what it says it's for. I know sometimes you can never be sure.
Saturday morning I got up and Allen had bought "Lips". It's much like the "American Idol" for the Wii but it's the X-BOX version. I am not a singer but any stretch of the imagination (although Makily and J LOOOVE to hear Mamma sing :-). This game is fun and addicting though.
We invited Trishtwo and her hubby Justin, both my sisters, niece and nephew and my BIL Herman. Chontee came over too and brought little Brianna with her.
We drank a few Pina Colada's and sang like maniacs. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG TIME. There really was only one of us that could sing (Deborah of course although I think Chontee can sing but she did it very quietly). So whenever one of the rest of us had the mic, let's just say it was SHEER entertainment at it's worst/best!?
At the end of the night my BIL Herman and Justin decided they would do "Bust A Move" by Young MC together. Now Justin had been tearing up the mic all night but this was a new thing for Herman. I HAD TO GET IT ON VIDEO AND YES I WILL BE SHARING IT RIGHT HERE! IT WAS A RIOT!
When everyone was packing up to go Delaney grabbed a mic and we let her play with it. The little booger was singing and dancing in circles. IT WAS SOOO CUTE I could barely stand it. I swear she is my sister Deborah all over again. I think she got your singing genes Deb!
So without further ado...the blackmail video of 2008
Justin Teal and Herman Bryant
performing
"Bust A Move"
by Young MC
With Special appearance by the girl who stole the show!:
Delaney Bryant
BTW, THANKS for coming over and hanging out with us last night everyone. It's been a ROUGH couple of weeks and I needed a good laugh.
Love you all.

4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a ball singing. You need to do that!! So glad you are doing well. I am positive that Carrie is proud of you for standing up and speaking. So very sorry for the loss of your friend. Take care!!
tara said..
i NEVER thought i would live to see that day that herman has fun. not even just have fun, but dance and rap and act a fool! i was even MORE suprised that he was rapping all the words and justin was just pretending he knew the words...even better were the wives' reactions! ahahaha
Hi Trish! I have to admit that I have slacked a little on what is going on in your world. I usually try to peek in on you once a week or so but time has kind of slipped away lately. I was reading your comment about shopping and then saw your mention about getting ready for Carrie's memorial and was obviously surprised and had to find the story. When I read what happend I was in shock and teared up immediately. I am so sad for her family. I have no idea how many years it has been since I last saw her but that doesn't even matter. I have kept up with her story through you and have also checked on her page too. We haven't touched base in a while so I just wanted to let you know that I am still here and checking in on you now and then. We still need to get together :). Love - Holly
OMG!!! Loved the video. Great black mail stuff. Take Care, J
Post a Comment