Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What a busy and eventful day!

Today was NO FUN. In fact as I type this my hands have mascara smeared all over them as does my face. I just got off the phone with my mom and we both were crying like babies. What caused all the drama? Well basically we are wimps. I told her what I did today......Today I had to take Makily to Gainesville (God I hate that town) to get her fitted for a stander and a wheelchair. What fun that was.....my friend Trish went with me and I asked her several times while we were there to PLEASE gouge my eyes out with a spoon. She wouldnt do it...some friend she is huh? I have dreaded going just because it's such a harsh reality that Makily needs "that kind" of equipment. I NEVER in my life dreamed that I would be sitting in a room surrounded by wheelchairs and standers and having my 19 month old measured for them. It was an even more harsh reality when they said they werent sure they would have something small enough for her. My sweet little peanut, bless her heart. It just brings tears to my eyes. Anyway I did very well, had to bite my bottem lip a few times to keep from crying but I hung in there. The therapist took Makily and did a few short things with her and Makily was NOT HAPPY. It is very hard to see a therapist trying to get your child to do things that YOU KNOW she should be doing and can't. My heart was in my stomach the whole time. Thankfully she was very quick and handed Makily back to me. After looking through a few books with lots of different standers and wheelchairs, I felt like I needed a Xanax but decided against it. I need to really toughen up here. Anyway we decided on a stander and a Kidcart....it's basically a glorified stroller/wheelchair for kids. The lady made me feel good when she said Makily may NEVER even need the Kidcart but it is good to go ahead and apply for it now as her DEI (type of insurance kind of) will run out when she is 3 years old and then if we DO END UP needing it, it will be harder to get. I am praying we can have her walking around the age of 4 or 5. We will see. We will have the Kidcart on standby one way or the other though.
After our wonderful experience there we went and had a really nice lunch. I am proud I stayed on my diet. Yes that's another thing I am doing....trying to get my fat behind back in shape. I can't keep saying " I just had a baby" when my kid is like 2 can I? I am on Southbeach this is actually Day 10 for me and I have lost 7 lbs so it's working. Elon gave me a treadmill (thanks again) and I have been using it this last week too.
My friend Latena whom I have known since we were like 11, well her Dad passed away and his wake was tonight. We went and it was very nice and sad at the same time. Makily fell asleep in my arms after we had been there about 15 minutes. She is such a party animal! NOT. Anyway so that was my day. As much as I would like to drown my sorrows in a HUGE vat of ice cream and eat the biggest cheese burger and bucket of fries...I won't. Maybe I will eat a sugar free jello cup and go snuggle with Stinky. She is better than a teddy bear.

0 comments: