Monday, April 02, 2012

Makily is Eight.

So I should have something deep to say but I just don't.

Try as I may her birthday brings back some bad memories and I'll find myself just spacing out reliving it. I did that a lot in the beginning. It was pretty horrible. If I was not occupied back then I was reliving Makily's birth and the days after. Just suck big time.

We spent yesterday with ice cream cake and quietness. I was anxiety ridden and wanted to jump out of my skin. I'm much better today but yesterday was tough. We are doing a small party with close family and friends Sat. Very informal, but this way Makily will get to see everyone and they can bring her presents. :-)

Here are pictures from her birthday photo shoot by Chontee Ecker Joyner. She's a close friend of mine and has a daughter with a chromosomal abnormality like Makily. We had a heck of a photo shoot. We had Makily sitting all pretty in her tutu when all the sudden a pit bull began charging us. Chontee picked up Makily and ran and I ran with her (I had not seen the dog, so I had no idea why we were running). Chontee's pants started to fall down....she tried pulling them up but realized she couldn't run, hold Makily AND her pants up so she screamed "Sorry Trish!" and down went her pants. I'm laughing, running, crying, screaming and hysterical all at once. We got in the house and Chontee's first words were "Thank God I was wearing underwear!" SOOOO FUNNNY. What's better is that the dog owner watched ALL of this unfold as well as three car loads of jehovah witnesses.

Photobucket

Classic Makily.
Photobucket

Mommy's Ballerina (she wouldn't look up lol)
Photobucket

Her Tiara
Photobucket

Ballerina Slippers
Photobucket

Her necklace
Photobucket

Sweet Smile
Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: