He's being the Tasmanian Devil of course.
Seriously though he's doing really well.
His speech is coming along nicely. He still has a long way to go but he is forming sentences using the words he does know. I'm amazed each day when he uses a new word correctly...even if it doesn't sound just right. Allen and I have gotten good at deciphering what he is saying but there are still times we are both stumped. This either causes a tantrum OR he just walks away and gives up.....typically it's a tantrum though.
He gets really frustrated if he can't do something on the first try. He'll throw whatever it is he is playing with and start crying. I usually will just say "Jakob can Mommy help you with something....." Most of the time it will pull him out of the tantrum and I will show him how to do whatever it is.
This morning he had the end all be all tantrum. I told him to get in the car. He said NO and turned around and went back inside the house and laid on the chair pretending to be asleep. sigh. You all know I am always running ALMOST late so this just was not something I had time for lol. I picked him up and carried him to the car kicking and screaming. I'm sure the neighbors think we are all insane over here. I get him strapped in, I put Makily in the car and began to drive away when he started REALLY freaking out, kicking my seat and saying....."Mommy MOOOOOOTE". He has a remote control for a toy car he has been carrying around and he left it at the house. I said sorry we have to go and I thought he was gonna go INSANE! I just ignored him and he finally stopped but wow. All over a broken remote control.
We got a reward board for him. It has different tasks on it like "stop whining" "get dressed" "take a bath" and he gets a magnet happy face for each thing. The kid loves it and it's really working. The stop whining one is my favorite and he almost immediately stops when I say "Stop whining and I'll give you a happy face" lolol.
He is soo sweet and randomly will come up to Allen, Makily or I and give us a hug and kiss and say Luv u. Yesterday I watched him go get a toy for Makily. He repositioned her legs BY HIMSELF so he could put the toy in her lap, then turned it on, kissed her head and went to play. I just sat here watching him with tears in my eyes. Oh the things these two children have taught each other.
He loves anything electronic and his favorite things are things he isn't allowed to play with. lol If you leave your phone, IPOD, computer or video game unattended you can rest assured Jakob will have it hidden somewhere in no time flat.
The other day he got the empty dog bowl, put some ice in it and then placed a caterpillar on top of one of the pieces of ice. He's also brought me a caterpillar or two.
He loves to dig in the dirt.
He's such a boy.
I love you little man.
--Mommy
Tuesday, April 03, 2012
What's Jakob doing?
Posted by Patyrish at 4/03/2012 10:36:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment