......a four month old baby boy was placed in my very welcoming arms.
He smiled at me the moment our eyes met and I immediately fell in love.
It has been a year of many emotions, ups, downs and uncertainty.
We remain uncertain in the outcome of J's case.
Being J's foster mommy is the SECOND hardest thing I have ever done.
I wouldn't take any of it back.
Not. one. second.
It is BECAUSE of all we went through with Makily that I believe we have had the strength to continue on with our journey with J. She prepared us for the emotions and uncertainty.
I find it incredibly ironic that today ON the one year anniversery of J coming into our home, I recieved a call saying that the agency is reccomending Allen and I, as J's prospective adoptive parents. This is not something we believed they would recommend for reasons I can't go into here. Just know that an incredible weight was taken from my shoulders when I was given this news.
That being said...we know this is still far from over. Things can change in an instant as it has before in the past and so we continue to guard our hearts. We continue to hope for the best....but to expect the worst.
We continue to love J with all our hearts and treat him as though he is already our forever son.
We pray that one day soon, he will have our last name.
I long for the day I can splatter pictures of his sweet face all over my blog for all of you to see.
Until then, this will have to do....
Saturday, May 02, 2009
One year ago today....
Posted by Patyrish at 5/02/2009 08:29:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I can not believe it has been a year! I am so happy about the phone call you got today!
what a wonderful call on a monumentous day. praying it will all be finalized soon.
Hope you continue to get good news about an adoption! Can't wait to see his sweet face and learn his name...the pictures are so cute! I too look forward to having another baby some day...how, that is the question, but your story is inspiring!
Has it really been a year? Seems like just last week. I hope he is yours legally as well as emotionally soon.
Tia
His back side is adorable.. can't wait to see the front!
Oh, by the way, how it the AMT working out?
Wow! I can't believe its been a year already. He's grown so much. I pray for you guys everyday. Love, J
I need to squeeze him. I love him....and I'm praying heavy that this will END soon.
Love you sweetie....you are seriously in the 'amazing parent' section of my heart.
Love you
A
I am so glad that you were the foster parents for J, he has obviously added a lot to your lives and your family. It's so easy to fall in love with little kids, especially when they're that tiny. I will be praying that things go in your favor so that J will soon be yours legally.
Love, Sami
samisjourney.blogspot.com
That is great news! I hope that all goes as smoothly and quickly as possible, and we are able to see his adorable little face soon!
What a wonderful phone call to get! I hope it goes smoothly and quickly and perfectly.
wow, I to can't believe it's been a year and how wonderful you got that call on the 1yr annver. I continue to pray about J becoming part of your forever family.
That is such great news. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Foster adopt is so stressful but so rewarding
Post a Comment