Saturday, February 09, 2008

At a snail's pace


That is how quickly our foster licensing process is going.

*sigh*

The licensing specialist (LC) came and approved the fireplace door. We ended up taking a regular four slated fire screen, removing one slat and then we attached it to the front of the fireplace. It's hinged and everything. My husband is Mr. Handy Man.

She looked at the medication cabinet, the locked up gun and separate locked up ammo case. She went into the foster baby's room and dropped the bomb.

She says "Oh I forgot, you have to have a toddler bed".

*sigh*

Before anyone starts asking NO this was NEVER told to us beforehand. We started this process nine months ago and have had at least five home visits and just now we are being told we needed a toddler bed.

Why do we need a toddler bed when we are fostering 0-2 year olds you ask?

Well that is because the state will not allow us to put a 2 year old in a crib. Understandable BUT it would have been nice had someone mentioned this say four months ago?

We bought the bed today and the room is all set up with a crib and a toddler bed. We only plan on fostering ONE at a time. I am a smidge nervous that they may want to push more than one child on us knowing we have TWO beds in that room.

Here is what we are waiting on now.

Our LC gives our packet to her supervisor. She reviews EVERYTHING to make sure no one has missed or forgotten anything (how that is possible at this point I don't know). Once she approves it, our LC comes out to our house again for Allen and I to review the packet and sign off on it. (she will be making sure we have the toddler bed) Then it is sent to the State of Florida for review and THEN we are licensed.

How long all that will take....I have no idea.

Here is a little montage I did of the Foster Baby's room.



4 comments:

Keely Miller said...

I am sorry that you are still having little bumps in the road to fostering. I will pray that this will be your last and that you will be getting a little one soon. Your foster room montage is great. Big Hugs!!!!!!

Proud Mommy To An Angel said...

LOVE the montage! Hang in there. Good things come to those who wait. This kid is going to be blessed to have you guys as parents and Makily for a big sister! Love you, J

Tia said...

Argh! Well done for getting it all done though - really hoping this is your last bump before the little one comes.

Meanwhile, practice saying "no" and remember that it wouldn't be in the child's best interests if it is hard to say no on your own account.
Take care
Tia

Andrea "The H family" said...

Your making progress though honey.

I loved your montage. What a ministry this will be for you babe.
hugs