Friday, April 03, 2009

Again....


I've lost count of how many we have been through this month.
I think this is NUMBER FOUR of replacements that Kimberly Clark has actually sent us. They are REPLACING the REPLACEMENTS! When I ask what the problem is they can't give me any straight answers. She said that this usually only happens with 1% of their patients only.
I doubt it.
I mean don't me wrong I wouldn't be shocked if Makily was in the rare 1% that had this problem. I just find it hard to believe that it's really only 1%.
This one actually went bad on her birthday. That night when I was putting her to bed, I heard a funky sound.....I knew before I even looked at her tummy it was out. I didn't freak out though, I have put it back in so many times now that it's like putting in an earring.
I am awaiting an AMT button from Apria.
I called them last week saying we had to try a different brand because these Mic-Key's are junk......at least the last 20 of them have been.
They said it may take up to two weeks to arrive since it's not a button the generally keep in stock. I really figured the replacement Mic-Key would last long enough to get the AMT. I was too hopeful.
The last two buttons have lasted seven days or less.
No lie.
I ask you this:
How is it we can send a man TO THE MOON, but we can't make a button with a balloon that does not develop a pin hole within a week?

4 comments:

Silje said...

I knew it as soon as i saw that you had posted. I feel so bad for you haveing to go through all that with the buttons. Its crazy that they are like that.

Hoping the next one will last a day or two longer, well i hope it will last as long as it should, but a couple of extra days from what you are used to would be nice wouldnt it?

Lori Osero said...

WOw ~ I am so sorry Makily is having such a problem with the Mickey buttons. I hope and pray that the newer models will work better for you guys.

The Brezenski's said...

I can't remember what Grace's button is called...I know it is not the mickey...I will take a look and try to let you know the kind we use. We have not had a problem so far...Also, feel free to add Grace's Blog to your page. It is a great way to keep everyone up to date...thanks for the insperation!

The Brezenski's said...

So I checked to see what button Grace uses. It is called the mini-one. Not sure how it would be different from the mickey. Grace got her button on Thanksgiving and we have only had to change it once. Hope this helps!