Wednesday, September 03, 2008

It's a new day.

I just got a call from Snuggles new foster mom.

SHE IS GREAT.

I am so PLEASED that he went to her family. She was told he likely will only be with her for two or three weeks. They told me he was going to be "long term" so WHO KNOWS really what the truth is.

She thanked me over and over for sending the information I knew along with him in his folder. She said that she had never had anyone else do that and it was a huge help. She said Snuggles is doing really well but that he says "Mamma" often at her house too.

I found a hat that I forgot to pack for him last night and it made me so sad. I am so grateful that I was able to speak with the family that will be taking care of him.

I feel a lot better about it.

*****************************************************************

Little J is a spitfire lately! I love it. He is ALL OVER the place, follows me everywhere. He LOVE LOVE LOVES the water. Goes crazy during his bath each night. He really cracks me up.

BATHTIME!
Photobucket

He went to sleep really easily tonight so I am hoping that continues. It's been a battle since he is teething but I am hoping we are through that rough spot.

He is an eating machine lately too. He wants EVERYONE'S food. His, yours and the stranger at the table next to him too. I can't eat ANYTHING without him crying for some of what I have. He ate TWO jars of baby food tonight, some arrow root cookies and STILL harassed me for some of my Jenny Craig. I am thinking growth spurt.

His developmental eval went AWESOME and he is AHEAD in everything except for speech and he is "normal" for that. He will have another eval in a few months just to be on the safe side though.

**************************************************************

Makily is doing well. She LOVES school! Every morning she is all smiles and giggles in the car on the way. She is the only student in her class the last half of the day so I think they are wearing her out, she is usually very tired when she gets home!

Here she is the morning on the way to school.

Wonder what we'll do today!
Photobucket

HAPPY GIRL!
Photobucket


She should FINALLY be getting casted for new AFO's on the 12th. I have had a hard time getting that set up but I think it's straightened out now.

I have not heard from Kidcare yet. No denial but no acceptance letter either.

Nothing new on J's case right now. Things have been quiet since Thursday and I honestly don't know if I really want to know if anything else is going on. The "family member" that was supposed to have been disqualified has still NOT been at this point. The information that will count her out has not been documented yet but I am told it will be and very soon.

We continue to just wait and see.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wear an AFO on one foot. I met a little girl recently who's AFO had butterflies molded in to the plastic. I'm sure my insurance company won't cover the extra cost but I want them anyhow. I bet you know a little girl who would appreciate them!

Nikki said...

Trish,
I don't know how you do it. I don't know if you remember me, I'm Nikki from p2p. I have followed Makily and now J for a while now. I am so amazed by your dedication and pure love for these children. I have a younger brother who is bouncing around the Las Vegas foster care system, and I can only hope and pray that he is able to spend even 1 day with someone as kind, giving, and loving as you. You are truly truly blessed.