Thursday, September 04, 2008

Another Awkward Moment of The Day.

So today I went to Jenny Craig.

After my weigh in (more on that later) I am waiting at the desk for my food. Of course just like every week all the ladies that work there are "ooooooo'ing and ahhhhhhhing" at the kids.

Here is how the awkward conversation went.

JC Lady: Wow, you have REALLY strong genes.

ME: I do?
(I was confused thinking how does this lady know I have jacked up genes?)

JC Lady: Oh yes BOTH of your kids look exactly like you.....they really do.

ME: Oh Thanks! If you saw their father though you would probably change your mind and say they look just like him, I usually get that! :-)

I didnt lie either.

J does resemble his bio Dad at times and Makily looks just like Allen so I was honest at least!

****************************************

The agency called me again today. It was for a three year old boy. I immediately said no and wouldnt even let her tell me anything about the child. We can't take a child over two because I just don't trust that Makily would be safe as she can't defend herself. I was a little sad saying no but I know what my limits are.

****************************************************

I have lost 9.5 lbs in six weeks on JC. I am a little annoyed that it's not more but it's partially my fault. This week I lost NOTHING. I was ticked too because I actually worked out MORE than usual this week. When we went over what I had eaten it came up that I had skipped several meals mostly breakfasts. I really know better than to do that but I am stubborn. You think I would have learned by now. Kathy (the counselor) said my body was holding on to everything it had because I was starving it by not eating a breakfast here...or a lunch there. I still have a hard time grasping that I HAVE TO EAT to loose weight but I KNOW in my rational mind it's true so I am sticking to this. I am going to start writing down what I am eating every day so she and I can go over it next week.

*************************************************

3 comments:

Tia said...

Bear in mind too that working out more will convert more fat to muscle, which is heavier. Therefore you may actually still have lost some fat, just not enough to see the difference on the scales.

Well done for saying no to the 3 year old - I'm not sure it ever gets easier to say no but it is so much better to say no and then wonder rather than to say yes and then regret it.

Take care
Tia

Anonymous said...

tara said...
being fat sucks

Patyrish said...

Oh Tara, how I know! LOL