***Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any traumatization that may occur from reading this post or looking at the one of the photos attached in it. Blindness may occur so read and view with caution****
So last night we went to the Christmas Parade. It was me, Allen, Makily, My parents and my sister was there working...she is an EMT. Here in Ocala the parade is a big thing. People started putting their chairs out 3 days ago. My sister put our chairs out early yesterday when she got there for work. Well we arrive about 4:00, we tote Makily and all our stuff to our spot. We get settled in, all comfy for the nights festivities. Makily was sleeping in the baby carrier on my chest and we were all in a great mood. I notice a family come up and they settle in on the grass in front of us. They have 3 little boys with them and they are all tooting noise makers...it was kinda cute. Well the mom sits down and OMG I wanted to die. I immediately looked at Allen and his eyes were as big as saucers. God help me it was all I could do not to start screaming "I'M BLIND, I'M BLIND!" My mother just looked at me and said "only us, only our family, what good luck we have" while we all laughed.
I couldnt resist snapping a quick picture. Here is the view we got for the alot of the evening!
What really freaked me out is that her husband was standing behind her for a LOOONG time and I know he saw this and never said anything to her! Maybe he thought it was sexy!? Of course the rest of the evening we all made several jokes about when the sun goes down and the moon comes out. Also if it was going to be a full moon or half moon.
Then we encountered the RUDENESS that I have spoken about before that occurs when large groups assemble for events such as these. People who were not wise enough to put their chairs out early like WE HAD and most of Ocala had....decided it was okay to walk in front of us (which I could handle) but also to stand right in front of us.
Here is the view I had for portions of the parade:
The two pictured there kept their rudeness to a minimum and left to find another poor soul to stand in front of after about 10 minutes.
The next group pictured REALLY made me angry. This was closer to the end of the parade so I will admit my patience was wearing thin with trying to see around these people and having to stand if I wanted to see something. I loudly said to my dad "gee I wish I could see the parade" to which my Dad replied EVEN LOUDER "YEAH ME TOO, WISH I COULD SEE THE PARADE". With that all 3 of our friends turned around and the two young ladies gave me the dirtiest look they could muster....the young lad in the blue jacket quickly moved when I said "could you please move or sit down so we can see". The girls rolled their eyes at me and turned back around continuing to block my view.
I noticed another girl that they knew walked up and they started to chat.....the "new girl" went and stood behind us...she had some sense and manners and didnt want to block our view...how very sweet. Well her 2 friends continuously encouraged her to come and stand with them. The gal with manners wouldnt do it and stayed put. I guess some parents are still teaching their children manners.
Other than that we had a great time....now we did have to move from behind the CRACK lady. She lit up and the smoke was blowing right into my and Makily's face.....so we moved down about 5 feet to get out of the way....well wouldnt ya know she changed positions and the moon was STILL shining on us the rest of the evening.
I will end this post by saying while I joke about our town and the people, I truly do love it here. I was born here in Ocala and it's my home. It is a great place to live but every now and then well I have to complain!
Sunday, December 04, 2005
Ocala's Finest At Work......WHY ME!?!? LOL
Posted by Patyrish at 12/04/2005 11:48:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG I can't breathe!! That is too funny!! What a priceless picture! These things can only happen to you Trish! LOL!!
Girl, you have got to quit going to those parades. Can't you watch it on t.v.?
Post a Comment