Huge apology to all my bloggies. I have really slacked and all the emails asking about how I/We are have really touched me. Sometimes I don't realize how many people read my blog and care about us. It's when I am away from my blog for a while and start getting emails asking where and how we are that it hits me. It's amazing to me that people we have never met or do not know personally have love and care for our family. Thank you all. I am so sorry and yet again I will try to start blogging again regularly.
Ok so on to Edna.
Edna IS a brain tumor.
Here is her picture. She's the big white blob on the right.
Do we know EXACTLY what she is even after seeing the Neurologist?
No.
I saw Dr. Disclafante. He was EXTREMELY nice. It's not common for me to see a doctor (and with Makily we see lots of them) and immediately click and like them but I did with him. Very down to earth and to the point man. He looked at the x-rays and said he feels what I have is a Choriod Plexus Papilloma. This is NOT the one that I assumed was related to my 11,22 balanced genetic translocation. He said it is VERY, VERY unlikely that it is cancerous.
He said there is no way of knowing for sure what exactly it is without doing one of two things.
1. Brain surgery to completely remove the tumor.
2. A biopsy to test the cells in the tumor.
*blink*
*blink*
Of course both of these options well...SUCK.
He and I both agreed that since the tumor is not causing any neurological symptoms (seizures, headaches, nausea, blurred vision, memory loss....okay well maybe it IS causing the memory loss....what were we just talking about? ha ha) that we will just wait and watch. I will have a follow up MRI in a month (three months after the initial MRI) to see if Edna (aka my brain tumor) is growing and if she IS growing how much and how fast. The doctor does NOT feel she is going to be growing very fast as he also believes it's likely I've had Edna all of my life.
He said that I may not ever have any problems from her but he can't say for sure until the follow up MRI to see if she is growing and how fast.
So basically YES I have a brain tumor...her name is Edna and right now it seems as though Edna is a friendly brain tumor and I get to keep her.
**btw I am not exactly sure why my spacing is all crazy. I tried to fix it but it keeps cramming everything together. STrange!*

3 comments:
I too vote for keeping Edna!! I'm always glad to see u blog. I blogged for the first time in months the other day.
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that Edna exists but I hope that in 3 months she will not have grown at all. Perhaps Edna has been your friend for a long time like the doctor said, and you never knew it! I hope that is the case and you don't need to go through any of the options you listed.
Well, hello Edna. You'd best behave yourself in that brain, or someone will have to take steps!
So nice to see an update!
Post a Comment