Thursday, May 15, 2008

Adjusting

I am still alive.

We are still adjusting and getting into the groove of things.

Yesterday we took Makily (she played hooky from school) and JJ to Silver Springs. Makily fell asleep within the first 20 minutes.

Sleeping on Mommy at Silver Springs
<span class=


JJ lasted about ten minutes longer than her! I guess they were not impressed!

On Sunday we went to the "Symphony Under the Stars". It was a Mother's Day special thing they do at the golf course. We had a great time.

<span class=

We are having issues with transport and JJ's visitation. I told his case worker last week that I do not want to transport him anymore as the first time I did I was exposed to his parents when I had been assured that would not happen. I did it for her and I am hoping that she does not think it will be a regular thing. We will see.


<span class=

There is a hearing on JJ in early July. As always I can't go into details but if things go our way we will be one step closer to being able to adopt him eventually. That's nerve wracking and exciting at the same time. As you can see he and Makily have become fast friends, I have some even cuter ones of them together but unfortunately I can't post those. Sorry.

<span class=

Sorry this is such a short entry, JJ is wanting me to come play with him so I need to get off here. Just wanted to update everyone on how things are going.

One final note. My niece Delaney's blood work is still coming back abnormal. It's been this way now for three weeks and some of her counts are dropping even lower than before. They are wanting one more CBC next week and if it comes back low they will be scheduling at bone marrow biopsy which is NOT something any two year old should ever have to endure. Please pray that her levels go up and that she does not have to have that done.

You can visit my sister's site for more details at:

My Sister's blog


I wanted to add this to my entry today. I heard this song several weeks ago when Leona Lewis appeared on American Idol. I immediately liked it. I am a huge nerd and I try to relate myself to all songs I like. I had nothing in my life at the time that would relate to the lyrics to this one.

I heard this on the radio after I dropped JJ off to visitation on Tuesday.

I bawled all the way to the school to pick Makily up.

I relate to it now in a way I never thought I would.

I love this child like my own.

If they take him it is going to break my heart into a million peices. I only pray that God will give us the strength and grace to handle it. Also that we are strong enough to continue our journey to complete our family, although we desparately pray that JJ is the missing peice.

This is my song to little JJ.












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Trish- I am just praying that it all works out and that you can adopt him. I don't know how you could not have your heart on the line- it would be impossible for me as well to not get attached.

jen said...

sometimes we get to sit back and say LIFE IS GOOD! enjoy each and every precious moment period. Look like he has always been a part of the fam.
love ya

michelle hays said...

I will be praying for your niece.

Unknown said...

I'm glad that things are going well. Praying for you niece and as always your precious family!