Sunday, July 08, 2007

Funny stuff...

Been a rough week so I am going to post about some funny stuff in my life....to lighten not only your mood BUT MINE TOO! :-)

My nephew Micah (4) is INSANE and he comes up with some crazy stuff. Recently I was at his house and Makily was asleep on the couch. He went up to her, looked TERRIBLY concerned and said "Princess Makily is not alive anymore". Being her mother this gave me the willies and I explained that she was okay but was just sleeping. He insisted that she was "not alive". An hour later she awoke and was watching cartoons VERY excitedly..kicking and laughing. He came up to me then and said "PRINCESS MAKILY...(making sure to spit while emphasizing the "puh" in princess) is out of control AUNTIE TRISH". So Makily went from DEAD to out of control in an hours time. AMAZING EH?!

My God daughter Cameron is the same age as Makily (3). She too comes up with quite a few strange comments. Some embarrasing.
We were recently in the parking lot at the move theatre. We were chatting before we all left to go home for the night. A Mexican man walked by wearing a red bandana tied on his head. Cameron exclaimed (and Cameron by the way is known to be tone deaf much like me...she has no idea that when she is speaking sometimes she is yelling LOL) "LOOK DADDY, THAT MAN IS WEARING A PIRATE HAT!!" I wanted to crawl under the car while hysterically laughing but I held it in. The more Cameron realized we were tickled by her statement the more she screamed it, which made us laugh more and well you get the picture.

Cameron came up to me Friday and while gently petting Makily's head said "Auntie Trish, Makily is so special, Makily is so beautiful". I shook my head and told her "yes she sure is" while choking back tears. Oh to be as innocent as a child....

My mother fell in the middle of a parking lot two weeks ago. I know you are thinking "ugh isnt this supposed to be a funny entry?" It is really.

I have mentioned in the past that the women in our family have a curse...NONE OF US CAN WALK without occasionally (okay once a monthish) throwing ourselves onto the ground. We are terribly clutzy and for some reason when one of us takes a spill usually the rest of us do the same...within weeks of each other. It's kind of eerie.

Anyway, so my mom had to pee....BAD (sorry mom) and she was RUSHING into the closest McDonald's to pee. She is walking briskly when BAM! She felt her feet fly right out from under her and she was on the ground. She just laid there at first thinking "well here I have done it again". A nice man came out and said "oh, oh dear Lord....ma'am you've lost your shoe....". YOU'VE LOST YOUR SHOE?!?! Here is my poor mother laying on the ground and this guy is worried about her shoe....THIS MAKES ME LAUGH! Anyway he offered help and of course my hard headed mother said she was fine...she got up and went to pee. I am surprised the fall didnt make her pee on herself! LOLOLOL
I told my mom I was going to get her a walker with pink tennis balls on the legs to keep her from falling. I quickly changed my mind when I realized she probably would just end up tangling herself up in the walker and injuring herself even more. Maybe football pads and a helmet would work?!?
My sister Deborah fell last night. I havent gotten all the details of her fall yet but I do know it involves the Starbucks parking lot and a much wanted Rasberry latte that ended up on the pavement!

3 comments:

Andrea "The H family" said...

OMG! That is so funny. I am the family clutz! Go figure..we are even more alike than I thought Trish. Tell your mom I'm sorry I laughed. It really is funny about the shoe!! LOL!
Give PUHrensess Makily a kiss from KING LUKE! Out of the mouth of babes....

Proud Mommy To An Angel said...

Thanks! I needed that. By the way, my ticket cost me $181 plus $5 to park PLUS the $2 in tolls! I figure its my contribution to Katrina!

Trish ~CnJ's Mommy~ said...

Sounds like my family Trish! Maybe it's the name??

Kids are priceless for sure. Caitlynn ones told us as we were pouring her orange juice that she wanted the orange kind. We were baffled till we realized the juice was in a white container and she thought it was milk.