Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Please pass the cheese, I need to whine.....

I am tired, frustrated, angry, irriatated and sad.

Makily was measured on Nov 16 for a stander and a kidcart. I havent called the company for several reasons. One is that I have terrible anxiety about the fact that my not quite 2 year old needs both of these things. I finally broke down, got over myself and called last Thursday. I was told Makily was denied for the kidcart.....they said it was "a deluxe wheelchair" and they would pay for a "standard wheelchair". Okay WHAT IN THE HECK would we do with a standard wheelchair. My kid is 17 lbs and 29 inches long...she would fall through one of the arm holes. I guess I have to ride in it with her on my lap and Allen can push us both. What a freaking joke.
The company told me they hadnt heard anything back on her stander....which is really what we DESPERATELY need NOW. It will help Makily to bear weight on her legs and I pray to God one day...to walk. I called the insurance company and the A-HOLES say they never got the claim for it. So I call the stander place and they SWEAR it was sent over on 12-23-05 ALONG with the order for the kidcart....NO one can tell me WHY it is that Makily was measured for both of these items on 11-16 but nothing was even submitted to the insurance company until 12-23.
So then I find out that while YES we have BCBS of Alabama that all claims are sent through BCBS of Florida first and THEN to BCBS Alabama. Both of which tell me they have NO ORDER for the stander. Only an order for the kidcart that was denied on Jan 31....they claim after the denial nothing else was done BUT THE stander/wheelchair people insist they have sent more information along with a letter stating why Makily needs both of these items.
So since last week I have been on the phone with a bunch of morons who don't communicate with each other and insist on making my life harder than it already is. There were several times I was left on hold for 17-20 mins at a time. I am sure they were hoping I would go away and give up but I didnt. I am hardheaded. I was even told by one person we didnt have insurance through them and I insisted he continue to look us up because WE DO! After arguing back and forth I spelled out Allen's first name LOUDLY and he said "oh i am sorry here it is". That's how the conversation was started...this was after pushing 800 buttons just to get a live person....OH AND MAKE SURE you push the buttons in the right combination or you will be in a neverending cycle of push this or that button. I HATE AUTOMATED PHONE SYSTEMS WITH A PASSION!!! Have you seen the commercial where the guy is on the phone and his house is on fire but he won't hang up for fear of loosing the phone call after pressing 10,000 buttons...that guy is ME!

Do they think I WANT a stander? Do they think I am doing this for fun? My child NEEDS the stander, she needs the kidcart......why is it that i have to fight, beg and plead for things she MEDICALLY NEEDS and that we pay insurance premiums EVERY MONTH for?! I just feel like DAMN I have ENOUGH stress on me, I don't want to have to sit on the phone for hours......on hold, pushing buttons and arguing in circles over something that my daughter is entitled too.

When I woke up this morning Makily's medport on her feeding tube had popped open in the night so from 2am - 6am formula pumped all over my floor, Makily and her bouncy......I should have known today was gonna suck.

As of right now, BCBS of Florida has the order for the stander and for SOME REASON it didnt get forwarded to BCBC of Alabama. After my phone call today they are supposedly "urgently" sending it to them and it will go up for review....to which I AM FREAKING SURE they will deny her and then we will have to start all over again. As for the kidcart.....I am really not sure what the hell is happening. I was told it was denied....then Makily's caseworker wrote a letter of medical neccessity and that it was supposed to be reviewed again but honestly I don't know. I am going to give it a few days and call back on Monday. It's really wearing me down and I am getting nothing but upset and frustrated. It's so tiring spending that amount of time on the phone every day and getting NO WHERE.

1 comments:

Proud Mommy To An Angel said...

I love the title to this entry. Maybe they think you are going to try and sell them on eBay. Sorry, thought I'd add a little humor. Lord, the medical field is so messed up. Sometimes, I think the Europeans are right with their universal health insurance.